PDA

View Full Version : This forum's low point

JaBlue
02-23-2005, 04:36 AM
So I came to this forum and noticed that 70% of the forum is clouded with "thanks 2+2 I just scored!" and "I'm in this tournament right now, are you in it??" threads. Congrats on the wins and I'm happy for you that are playing and want to support other 2+2ers but seriously - this is a strategy forum, not a group hug therapy session. PLEASE stop clouding this forum with all that garbage. Keep it pure!

Seriously.

Please.

Karak567
02-23-2005, 04:40 AM
Sorry?

JaBlue
02-23-2005, 04:54 AM
I don't care if you're sorry or not. Congrats on your highest finish and all, but you're not why I posted this. Its the fact that so many people post the "I just won thank you 2+2 threads" like yours. Sorry for being a jackass about it, and congrats on your win, but I want to see some strategy on this forum instead of some "I'm playing at 3 in the morning, are you guys in this one too????" threads.

sthief09
02-23-2005, 05:25 AM
I wonder if we could petition to Mat for a separate forum for tournaments, like Multi-table tournaments and Multi-table tournament strategy. I've been having to dig deep to find some good threads I missed.

Nate tha' Great
02-23-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if we could petition to Mat for a separate forum for tournaments, like Multi-table tournaments and Multi-table tournament strategy. I've been having to dig deep to find some good threads I missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd read this forum a lot more if it weren't so annoying.

MLG
02-23-2005, 05:42 AM
this alone is reason enough to split the thing.

sthief09
02-23-2005, 06:00 AM
well, I PM'ed a request to Mat

kyro
02-23-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

swear free i assume?

AngryCola
02-23-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Writing Mason might have been the better way to go.
He's the guy to talk to about these types of things.

Jason Strasser
02-23-2005, 07:56 AM
Send a PM to Thetimeisup guy too. He will write sweat threads in tournies he isnt even in. I personally wouldnt mind seeing all of those threads go away.

-Jason

Chris Daddy Cool
02-23-2005, 08:59 AM
holy crap nate, what the hell are you doing here?

Absolution
02-23-2005, 10:25 AM
I have to agree there as well. The 'OFFICIAL PARTY $250K' etc... threads need their own forum. Most of the time they have no strategy discussion. Maybe we also need a forum called 'Vent', where people can go and cry and make bad beat posts (but then throw in an obvious question at the end to make it look like it's not).

woodguy
02-23-2005, 10:34 AM
I agree.

There was an earlier thread about this very question.

The concensus then was although many posters like the "official" threads, they do clutter up the forum.

I think to make this change a number of us need to petition Mat and/or Mason.

So I propose that if you agree that the MTT forum needs to be split into two, please pm Mat and Mason.

The more noise they hear on this the better chance it has of success.

Regards,
Woodguy

suited_ace
02-23-2005, 12:46 PM
I PMed Mat and asked him 2 things:

1. Split the MTT forum into "MTT Strategy", "Vent, Rave, Rant and Sweat Requests", "Official tourney threads".

2. Give the older members some moderator powers so they can move and close threads.

SoBeDude
02-23-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Writing Mason might have been the better way to go.
He's the guy to talk to about these types of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Mat is the guy to talk to.

I know, because I'm the one who approached him to split 'tournament poker' into multi-table, and 1-table. He had it done pretty quick too.

-Scott

jon_1van
02-23-2005, 01:24 PM
What would be nice is a small link at the top of the MTT forum that shows (in 1 or 2 lines) the *Offical Threads*.

Look the at internet forum for something similar

Then once you click on the *offical thread* you get all 80 posts inside it.

sthief09
02-23-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2. Give the older members some moderator powers so they can move and close threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a chance that'll happen

Absolution
02-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Thankfully not.

suited_ace
02-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Why not? I can't see a better way of cleaning and organizing the whole thing.

sthief09
02-23-2005, 03:18 PM
1. because we don't need babysitters
2. because it's been tried and has failed before

nolanfan34
02-23-2005, 03:29 PM
I agree 100%. I can see official threads for maybe the big entry tourneys on Sat and Sun, but that's about it.

Certainly clutters up the forum.

jcolter
02-23-2005, 03:33 PM
I actually like those posts. If I don't want to read about tourneys I can just as easily skip over the offending threads.

Is it that big a deal?

sthief09
02-23-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually like those posts. If I don't want to read about tourneys I can just as easily skip over the offending threads.

Is it that big a deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is that good threads get buried 5 pages deep and never get revived

SoBeDude
02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is it that big a deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not completely true.

there are usually only 2-3 threads on tournies, and they're only 1 line each on the page, regardless of how long the thread is.

-Scott

crookedhat99
02-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Personally I think we should divide MTT into 3 sections, "OFFICIAL", "strategy", and "bitching about other people's posts"

Absolution
02-23-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"bitching about other people's posts"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 2+2. That's the subtitle of every forum here.

sirio11
02-23-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is it that big a deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, I have not had any problem reading good strategy posts and any tournament official threads.

Whats with these guys, what about splitting the forum 500 ways to cover everyone specific needs.

My guess is that some of them just don't know how to organize your 2+2 home page, and how to read it in an effective way.

MLG
02-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Over the last few weeks there have been a number of strategy posts that have not gotten the attention they deserve. In my opinion this is because they are shuffled off the first couple of pages very quickly by the flood of I'm in this tournamen are you in this tournament posts. The simple way to fix this is to separate the forum into two separate ones. I don't understand why there's such venom in response to this idea. Nobody is saying don't have the thread, we're just saying lets make it easier for everybody to find what they want.

sirio11
02-23-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion this is because they are shuffled off the first couple of pages very quickly by the flood of I'm in this tournamen are you in this tournament posts

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, lets see if that's accurate

Right now, in the Multi-table forum, I have 28 active threads for today.

# of threads with "I'm in this tournament, or something similar" = 4

Hard to see this as "flooding"

MLG
02-23-2005, 06:15 PM
try looking at 11:30 at night.

Nick B.
02-23-2005, 06:47 PM
I agree that we don't need a thread for every tournament that a person plays. I was going to write something like this a while ago, but never got around to it. It used to be these official threads would only appear when there were really big tournaments taking place, like WCOOP, Party million guaranteed, etc. Now it is not the case.

sirio11
02-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Well, right now 11EST PM, and still no flooding

Maybe in the future, there will be a need for a split with "official" threads, by now, I think you're just exaggerating.

woodguy
02-24-2005, 12:27 AM
I think this thread stiffled a lot ot the *official* threads.
Except of course the Super.

Regards,
Woodguy

sirio11
02-24-2005, 12:43 AM
what about some stats to support the claim, you can check easily Tuesday and Monday threads for example