PDA

View Full Version : QTs hand

jon_keck
02-23-2005, 04:13 AM
Not much of a read on villain (MP1)(only 20 hands with him). 80/0/1.2 at this point.

My comments throughout.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="blue"> Immediately after looking at the hand history, I thought this should have been an easy raise - why I didn't I don't know.</font>

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls $0.50 (All-In), MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="blue"> Going crazy with overcards + flush draw, but I'm really wondering about Villain's call/3bet. I see people do this with flush draws, 2 pair, sets, and sometimes it's just junk. I can't see a way to distinguish what he has here. </font>

Turn: (13.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

<font color="blue"> I liked this card. If villain has a flush draw, I'm way ahead here. If he has 2 pair, I've picked up an additional 5 outs to win with. The 3-bet sucks, because it makes makes it much less likely that's he's on a draw or junk.</font>

River: (24.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

<font color="blue"> Not a bad card, I thought a raise was good since he could be betting a dud 2 pair and because MP3 is still in the mix.</font>

Looking for comments/criticism on my thinking and play.

Shillx
02-23-2005, 04:18 AM
Wow this hand is really interesting (no joke).

There are so many lines that you can take here that my head is about to explode. This flop play either means flush draw or monster. The river raise is certainly out of line though.

Brad

jaxUp
02-23-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The river raise is certainly out of line though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So when he bets the river we have to put him on a boat right shill? I mean, until that point, I think he could have been playing a flush draw REALLY aggressively, but when he bets the river, we know it's the set turned boat.

FWIW, I would have been too excited about my trips to avoid a river raise here as well, but seeing it in this context I can see a call being more correct.

Shillx
02-23-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river raise is certainly out of line though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So when he bets the river we have to put him on a boat right shill? I mean, until that point, I think he could have been playing a flush draw REALLY aggressively, but when he bets the river, we know it's the set turned boat.

FWIW, I would have been too excited about my trips to avoid a river raise here as well, but seeing it in this context I can see a call being more correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is the gist of it. Even if he is taking a desperation stab with a busted flush draw (this will like ever happen) will he call the raise??? Nope...

Brad

SteveL91
02-23-2005, 05:09 AM
For what it's worth, I'll sometimes play a flopped straight draw or trips the way the villain played the flop depending on my position relative to the lead bettor and pot size. I think this flop was the villain's attempt at slowplaying his set until you raised it for him, and simultaneously drug along a few other players as well.