PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian Gardens 30/60 voodoo magic

Ryno
02-23-2005, 03:55 AM
Folded to MP, TAG, decent player openraises. I 3-bet with TT. Folded around, he calls.

Flop is Jh2hJx

Check-bet-call.

Turn is Kc

Check-Check

River is a blank (7h I think).

Check-Check.

He shows KQ and it's good.

haakee
02-23-2005, 03:58 AM
I would have bet the river. You could get a curiosity call from a smaller PP or ace-high. It really doesn't seem like you're beat here, although apparently you were.

BigSkiRace
02-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I think he wanted to check raise you on the turn, then the scare card came and he checked through, if you bet the river your getting a curosity call not just beacuse he has top pair, just the fact that he wants to see if you have a flush

badinfluence
02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you bet the river your getting a curosity call not just beacuse he has top pair, just the fact that he wants to see if you have a flush

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I am quite sure you're getting a call b/c he has top pr.

TStoneMBD
02-23-2005, 12:13 PM
what are you talking about? are we looking at the same hand?

i would have personally valuebetted this river, but it appears that villain was attemping a checkraise which is a pretty decent play. sometimes checking down marginal hands like this on the river is the only way you can tell villain that you are not a checkraise magnet.

Paluka
02-23-2005, 12:17 PM
I certainly would have bet this river. The guy with KQ is a sucker for checking the river.

andyfox
02-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Hmmm . . Who does he think he is, me? You should have told him who you were.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

andyfox
02-23-2005, 02:08 PM
What percentage of non 2+2ers would check the pocket tens behind after being checked to on both the turn and river?

TStoneMBD
02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
depends, i would say 60%. if you mean non-2plus2 caliber than i would say 75%

Paluka
02-23-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What percentage of non 2+2ers would check the pocket tens behind after being checked to on both the turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of bad players would check the river. Bad players love to check the river.

Ryno
02-23-2005, 02:31 PM
LOL. My new rule with pocket pairs is, if my flop bet is called, hide under the table and pray for a free showdown. It's working well.

Ryno
02-23-2005, 02:43 PM
"Bad players love to check the river."

Yes they do. Bad Players => Check River. That does not mean Check River => Bad Player. Not necessarily anyway. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I posted the hand because in my mind, this was a no-brainer easy play and I wanted to see if there were things I was missing. Doesn't the check-call of the villian define his hand? I would think he'd lead with a J, checkraise or checkfold a pocket pair less than mine, and check-call AK, AQ, KQ. So with the K on the turn I am "mostly dead" (Princess Bride - great movie).

andyfox
02-23-2005, 02:54 PM
"I am 'mostly dead' (Princess Bride - great movie)."

I've seen worse.

andyfox
02-23-2005, 02:56 PM
I just started a poll. We'll see how many table hiders there are.

Regards,
Andy