PDA

View Full Version : What should I drink this weekend?

Edge34
02-23-2005, 01:40 AM
Got some buddies coming up from back home to visit me here at school...and while this is TECHNICALLY a dry campus, its pretty much the easiest thing in the world to get around.

Cheap beer has been done, and I'm just trying to think up some ideas of what kind of alcohol we're gonna pick up...potential for some girls to be around, but the ones I know will drink whatever we get. Looking for recommendations for mixers, etc. Don't have a blender, but that's really about all I don't have...

The last few times I've been on the simple Captain Coke plan. Broaden my horizons? Don't want anything too complicated, preferably keeping it down to 1 or 2 types of liquor.

Thanks for whatever you come up with.

-Edge

Tron
02-23-2005, 01:43 AM
The Dude abides... Drink White Russians. Girls like them, too.

Edge34
02-23-2005, 01:47 AM
White Russians...sounds like a good changeup. But, will it get me good and wasted? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(seeing that its made with Kahlua and Vodka, I'm gonna guess yes...)

Schneids
02-23-2005, 01:51 AM
I'd recommend the White Russians idea...

Also get some Schweppes lemon sour tonic to mix separately with the vodka, it tastes v. good.

Edge34
02-23-2005, 02:14 AM
SHAMELESS BUMP.

Come on, I'm sure we've got some alcohol experts here...and I could really give a rat's ass when everyone's birthday is...

Hojglad
02-23-2005, 02:15 AM
Natural Light, and it's not even close. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MEbenhoe
02-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Edge hit me up on IM and I'll pretty much provide you with a full repertoire of drinks that will get you smashed, while maintaining a taste that girls will drink too.

Being able to put a lot of alcohol in a drink without making it taste like there is a ton in there is always a key.

MEbenhoe
02-23-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend the White Russians idea

[/ QUOTE ]

I will make sure if he drinks them he makes em my way /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PokerCat69
02-23-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
White Russians...sounds like a good changeup. But, will it get me good and wasted? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(seeing that its made with Kahlua and Vodka, I'm gonna guess yes...)

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't that stuff like chocolate milk?
Your friends won't be impressed!

Go with:
- Beer.
- Jack & Coke.
- Shots of Tequila or Vodka.

Edge34
02-23-2005, 02:25 AM
It's coffee Liqueur (liquor, whatev.)

We're not trying too hard to impress...just looking for something that tastes good and will get us nice and wasted /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

IggyWH
02-23-2005, 02:26 AM
Vodka & Cranberry juice... the cheaper the vodka, the better.

gonores
02-23-2005, 02:28 AM
You Emmer Effer. You best not be using MY drinks to help EDGE get pussy. He is simply unworthy.

MEbenhoe
02-23-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You Emmer Effer. You best not be using MY drinks to help EDGE get pussy. He is simply unworthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha no worries. I'm using my own drinks, although I did pass along the blue kamikazes to him.

PokerCat69
02-23-2005, 02:39 AM
Here is a cool link: http://www.digitalbartender.com/

Ponks
02-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Hacker Pschorr beer :]

Ponks

BradleyT
02-23-2005, 02:43 AM
Mind Erasers.

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Vodka
Splash of Club soda

You drink em very quickly through a straw. After 5 you'll realize how they got the name.

Freakin
02-23-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mind Erasers.

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Vodka
Splash of Club soda

You drink em very quickly through a straw. After 5 you'll realize how they got the name.

[/ QUOTE ]

MOTHERFUCKER! I was about to recommend that. It's important that you layer it in a glass though. Vodka on bottom, Kahlua in the middle, then soda on top. You drink it ALL AT ONCE through a straw. This means that you suck down vodka, then kahlua, then club soda, leaving almost no taste of alcohol in your mouth. These are incredible for getting wasted.

B

ethan
02-23-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Dude abides... Drink White Russians. Girls like them, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

White russians are a good call. There's also the Russian Quaalude option: equal parts vodka, irish cream, kahlua and frangelico. It's more ingredients than you're looking for, but I figured I'd mention it. Variations on this include removing the kahlua, removing kahlua+frangelico and adding grand marnier (thus making a b-52 with vodka), or adding one part cream. Just about any permutation of these is going to be good, I prefer the original recipe.

Shillx
02-23-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mind Erasers.

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Vodka
Splash of Club soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call. They don't look so good on paper but they do the trick for sure.

Brad

Ponks
02-23-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mind Erasers.

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Vodka
Splash of Club soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds fun, I'll have to try this!

Ponks

manpower
02-23-2005, 04:47 AM
Starting out the night with a few carbombs (guiness, drop in a shot of .5 whiskey and .5 irish cream, proceed to chugg) is damn close to the nuts.

nothumb
02-23-2005, 04:48 AM
The answer is clearly car bombs.

NT

Shillx
02-23-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mind Erasers.

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Vodka
Splash of Club soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be doing it too if I were you. I mean, it will be crushing when Illinois loses to Arizona in the tournament. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brad

Ponks
02-23-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mind Erasers.

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Vodka
Splash of Club soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be doing it too if I were you. I mean, it will be crushing when Illinois loses to Arizona in the tournament. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

<yawn> So many trash talkers, so little time. Bring it! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ponks

Shillx
02-23-2005, 05:01 AM
I'm a beer guy. If you like beer I suggest you try Blue Moon or Great White. Stuff like Anchor or Liberty is always good as well.

You can also do various different mixed drinks too. Our famous one from college is the Scorpion Bowl.

1 part Everclear* (95% stuff)
1 part light rum
1 part dark rum
1 part vodka
1 part 151
1 part brandy
2 parts OJ
2 parts pineapple juice
Top off with grenadine
Some sugar

Alter to suit your taste but this is good times.

Brad

*We just added the everclear to [censored] us up more before going to the bars.