PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the movie Shade?

coolhandkuhn
02-23-2005, 01:33 AM
Friend said it was a 'good poker movie'...I have never heard of it, but when I checked the international movie database, it showed that it had Sylvester Stallone, Melanie Griffith, and Gabriel Byrne in it...how did I miss this movie (it came out in 2003)? Was it direct to video? Anyone who's seen it please chime in w/a review. Thanks.

mike l.
02-23-2005, 01:36 AM
i watched 15 minutes of it and had to turn it off. it was just unbearable.

tdarko
02-23-2005, 02:53 AM
actually the beginning is better than the end when cards start having numbers pop out of them! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

RED_RAIN
02-23-2005, 06:43 AM
I personally liked it. It's not really about poker, it's not really about gambling, more of just a "who done it". (not into long reviews)

flatline
02-23-2005, 01:58 PM
I have a high tolerance for pain, and I actually watched the entire movie. The actual poker that is played is completely ridiculous, and I'm not just referring to the fact that they don't play table stakes. The twist at the end is unexpected because it makes no sense. Its all about cheating and not poker. Its kind of like an even worse version of Tilt. The only entertaining part of the movie is a couple of the card manipulation scenes, but they are not nearly enough to save the movie.

smoore
02-23-2005, 04:26 PM
The only reason to watch it is the slight of hand shown during the opening credits. It's horrible.

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Very possibly the worst movie ever made.

mike l.
02-23-2005, 05:10 PM
"Very possibly the worst movie ever made."

the first and maybe last time we've completely agreed on something.

benfranklin
02-23-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i watched 15 minutes of it and had to turn it off. it was just unbearable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched 20 minutes of it, so there /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I really wanted it to be good. Luckily, I was unable to unload the DVD to a bigger sucker on the internet, so I was only out a couple of bucks.

Blackjack
02-23-2005, 05:20 PM
I fell asleep while watching.

willie
02-23-2005, 05:40 PM
mannn

my gf's roomate's boyfriend (umm she lives with this girl-her boyfriend...there ya go) gave me this movie to watch...i guess i'm gonna just have to pass if it's this god awful.

wall_st
02-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I really did not like this movie as a "poker movie" or a movie in general.

But apparently the directors claim the movie is more about magic/card mechanics than about poker. Some of the card mechanic tricks were very impressive, the DVD has some extras where you can watch these.

Overall the movie reminded me of a rip off of the movie confidence (which was actually pretty good).

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Very possibly the worst movie ever made."the first and maybe last time we've completely agreed on something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they should take this movie over to the middle east. it may provide some common ground to begin negotiations.

Beavis68
02-24-2005, 04:57 PM
I think it went straight to video, it is a hustlers movie, but I was entertained.