PDA

View Full Version : MTT Tourney Hand in Question

Hybrid_11
02-23-2005, 12:08 AM
The Empire 15000 Guaranteed Tonight
About 5 min before the second break blinds are at 75/150. Average stack is at 3700 with 125 People left. Top 50 get paid so obviously still a ways to go

I have 5137 in chips and the cutoff position

Villian in this hand has 7022 and is in middle position. He is the chip leader at the table. Ive been at the table for about 20 min and he has been very aggresive. One noticable hand is his calling an all in with a6 suited.

I am dealt QQ
Everyone folds to villain
Villain raises to 300. (A mini raise)
everyone folds to me
I reraise to 1000
It is folded back to him and he pushes all in.

What is my move here? Should i call this LAG and expect an overplayed AK or am i in a lot of trouble here.

sloth469
02-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Is AK really overplayed by pushing there? You at least now seem to be concidering a fold, that's why AK is a very strong hand against a thinking player. I think you have to go here, I believe you are ahead the vast majority of the time. Let the cards fall as they may.

-sloth

tiger7210
02-23-2005, 12:34 AM
If his minraise is way out of line for his norm then you could be in trouble. Against a perceived LAG, I think you have to call here though. He has a pair but it very well may be smaller than yours and he's trying to push you off what he thinks is a big Ace.