Post-Oak
02-23-2005, 12:01 AM
2/4NL, 9 handed

Stack sizes:
UTG +2: $361
Me: $520
UTG +5: $226

Reads:
This is on a site which is not support by PT. I have played with UTG +2 a bunch of times and my read is that he is pretty solid. My only note on UTG +5 is "TIGHT". He seems like a short stack nut peddler type. He has not been involved in many hands at all. They should see me as a tight player.

Action:
UTG folds
UTG +1 limps
UTG +2 raises to $20
UTG +3 fold
ME (utg+4): Reraise to $54
UTG +5 Reraises all-in for $226

Folded back around to UTG+2 (original raiser).

What is your plan from this point on? What do you do if:
1. UTG +2 calls
2. UTG +2 pushes
3. UTG +2 folds

Cross posted in mid stakes forum.

TheWorstPlayer
02-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Can you fix the action so that we know how many people are in the hand? I think I probably call here if the initial raiser folds or if he pushes but if he calls then I would probably fold.

Post-Oak
02-23-2005, 12:09 AM
I snuck it in on top: 9 handed.

TheWorstPlayer
02-23-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Action:
UTG folds
UTG +1 limps
UTG +2 raises to $20
UTG +3 fold
ME (utg+4): Reraise to $54
UTG +5 Reraises all-in for $226

Folded back around to UTG+1 (original raiser).

[/ QUOTE ]

Post-Oak
02-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks, you and another poster (mid stakes) noticed I screwed that up. I fixed it now.

TheWorstPlayer
02-23-2005, 12:40 AM
No worries. Interested to see if mid/high responses differe significantly from small stakes ones. Anyways, my response is still how I would play this hand. I think there is a good chance you are ahead of or tied with UTG+5. But if UTG+2 smooth calls a re-raise and a push, then I think that is almost definitely aces from a solid player and I think I would drop my kings. If he pushes, then I think it is more likely to be AK and I call.

xorbie
02-23-2005, 03:24 AM
You: They probably guess you have JJ-AA, or AK. I don't know how comming it is to reraise with AQ (maybe AQs?)

UTG+5: He is facing raise, re-raise from what he sees as tight players, and he is tight himself. I gotta believe he has AA or KK (very unlikely) to push here, but I suppose QQ is possible. JJ would push here if and only if he believes one of you is holding AK and the other AQ and wants to isolate against just one, which is somewhat possible.

UTG+2: If he calls, he just about has to have AA. If he folds, you can call here and hope for QQ or AK. If he pushes, I guess you just call and hope to at least win the $140 sidepot and not lose so much.

Post-Oak
03-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Sorry I didn't post result sooner. I got caught up in work, and then AC.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a pretty clear spot for me...

Almost always, without a read, I'm going to call all in's with KK preflop. However, you seem to have a read on UTG+2. If he flat calls or pushes, I'd fold. There's probably too high a chance he has AA.

If he folds, I call, because again, there's too high a chance that this other guy doesn't have AA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was exactly my plan. If UTG+2 pushed or called, I would fold. Otherwise I would call.

He pushed. I folded. UTG + 2 showed QQ, which really surprised me. I guess I overestimated him. I thought for sure that he would respect my reraise of his EP raise. Shortstack showed AA and doubled through (a K hit the flop and I would have stacked them both).

One thing I found interesting is that a poster in the small stakes forum (I crossposted this) said that he would call if UTG + 2 pushed, but fold if UTG + 2 called. His (SS poster) read was good! I think UTG + 2 pushing with QQ here is a horrible play though. Pushing with AK would be horrible too. Again, QQ really surprised me.