PDA

View Full Version : What's with the blinds ay PARTY????

The_Model
02-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Just started playing sit and go tourneys at party cause i hear about how party is an easy place to play.....anyway the blinds are ridiculous they were up to 150/300 while 5 of us were there and the stacks start at 800.....this totally made the game about luck...what the hell?

Terrabon98
02-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Yup, sadly that is how Party rolls. It seems like the majority of the time, if you can't build a stack early, you're forced to pushing all-in later whenever you have a decent hand...poker stars is a good place to play sit and go's if you want more chips and more gradual blind increases.

wiggs73
02-22-2005, 11:45 PM
I felt the same. In addition to Stars, Pokerroom has t1500 starting stacks and more gradual blind increases.

ChrisCo
02-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Have fun giving up the extra money by moving to other sites. Your hourly rate will be way higher if you play on Party instead of a site like Pokerstars. Party SNG's take a little bit getting used to but once you learn the strategy behind them they are very easy to autopilot and play with limited decisions if you play them correctly. Call me lazy but I would much rather push all in on the bubble a bunch while 4 tabling rather than having to outplay someone with deep stacks post flop. Simply much easier and more profitable once you learn how to play the party SNG's.

Pokerstars tourneys take around 50+ minutes if you make it into the money while Party's take around 40 minutes to complete. Do the math and you will see that you are giving up too much to turn it down. Also throw in a rakeback deal through empire and you'll be loving all those pretty numbers in your account.

dfscott
02-23-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also throw in a rakeback deal through empire and you'll be loving all those pretty numbers in your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize you get rakeback for SnGs. How does that work since there's no rake, per se? Do you get a portion of your fees back?

Also, I already have a rakeback deal at Empire for my limit play. Will it just "work" or do I have to get a different affiliate for tournaments?

Benholio
02-23-2005, 01:10 AM
If you have a rakeback deal @ Empire, you are getting rakeback from your tourneys. The tourney fee goes straight to your MGR, so you get back a direct % of that.

If you have a 25% rakeback deal, for example, it adds a virtual 2.5% to your ROI. Not quite as good as what you get back for ring play, but it helps!

Apathy
02-23-2005, 01:11 AM
I should just work, you will get whatever aggreed percentage of the vig (ex. $1 for 10 tourney).

ChrisV
02-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Actually rakeback for tourneys is significantly better for tourneys than it is for comparable ring game limits. I make about a thousand dollars a month on rakeback.

dfscott
02-23-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have a rakeback deal @ Empire, you are getting rakeback from your tourneys. The tourney fee goes straight to your MGR, so you get back a direct % of that.

If you have a 25% rakeback deal, for example, it adds a virtual 2.5% to your ROI. Not quite as good as what you get back for ring play, but it helps!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's sweet. Even at the meager rate I'm playing (only about 6-7 a day), at the lowest level, I'll still make about 1/3 of what I was making in rakeback from my 3/6 limit play. And considering I hope to improve (and add more tables and move up), I can see where this would be a nice extra bonus.

Speaking of bonuses, can you earn bonuses playing SnGs?

Benholio
02-23-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of bonuses, can you earn bonuses playing SnGs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, none of the Party skin bonuses can be cleared by playing tournaments.

However, for one last 'perk', you gain VIP points @ Empire faster at tournaments than you do by playing ring games. This isn't much, but eventually leads to shirts / freerolls / cash / a watch / a tv / an lcd / a paid trip to vegas!

johnnybeef
02-23-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just started playing sit and go tourneys at party cause i hear about how party is an easy place to play.....anyway the blinds are ridiculous they were up to 150/300 while 5 of us were there and the stacks start at 800.....this totally made the game about luck...what the hell?

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to think this as i came over from ub. party is all about preflop play where as ub you can see some flops in.

Roman
02-23-2005, 02:49 AM
Sorry for being so OT, but where can I find a rakeback deal on empire?

captZEEbo1
02-23-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for being so OT, but where can I find a rakeback deal on empire?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.twoplustwo.com/classified.php
rakebackreview.com

david050173
02-23-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, none of the Party skin bonuses can be cleared by playing tournaments.

However, for one last 'perk', you gain VIP points @ Empire faster at tournaments than you do by playing ring games. This isn't much, but eventually leads to shirts / freerolls / cash / a watch / a tv / an lcd / a paid trip to vegas!

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone actually earn the LCD or trip? I am curious to what they are. I guess I will find out in 40000 points or so...