PDA

View Full Version : frequent disconnection problem

Jett Rink
02-22-2005, 11:23 PM
2 computers with a router. Second computer gets disconnected regularly. Any ideas? Cost me a tourney today!

guitarhero14
02-22-2005, 11:28 PM
wireless?

Jett Rink
02-23-2005, 12:55 AM
yes it is wireless. Gonna go out my window shortly!

guitarhero14
02-23-2005, 01:07 AM
I have a wireless network as well and sometimes have a few disconnection problems, but very few. It can one of many factors. How far away is the problematic computer from the router? Do you have a cordless phone that could possibly interfer with the network(I have had this problem.) I have also found that pointing the antenaes that transmit and recieve towards your intended computer helps. My router has to go through brick walls and a floor into my room in the basement, so I have found little things that makes a difference. Hope this helps, I am by no means of a network professional, just learning from experience. More info on your setup would be nice as well.

Dangergirl
02-23-2005, 01:55 AM
One other thing you might want to double check is to make sure you have the lastest firmware updates for your router. I once had this problem and after I updated the firmware there were no longer disconnects. Check your routers home site for these updates. My router was a linksys.

guitarhero14
02-23-2005, 01:56 AM
linksys is mine as well. Great router IMO.