PDA

View Full Version : Passive Aggressive

rory
02-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Loose button open limps, SB completes, I check in the BB with 99. The flop is Q72, rainbow and it is checked around. The turn is a Q and it is checked to the button who bets, I raise, the button 3 bets and I cap. The river is a blank and I check, intending to just call a bet.

arkady
02-22-2005, 10:38 PM
I am not sure you ahead enough to cap that turn, so I would so what you did minus one BB. Then I would curse everything if it gets checked through on the river.

chio
02-22-2005, 11:27 PM
no flop bet? seems like a perfect time to let them make bad calls in a small pot

Nemesis
02-22-2005, 11:28 PM
i think i'd raise preflop personally. However since you didn't. I like it. I think you're ahead and he has second pair.

Alobar
02-22-2005, 11:28 PM
raise preflop, and if ure not doing this so the pot is small, why arent you betting the flop? Youve got what you wanted, a small pot and them making a mistake by calling

I just go ahead and bet the turn. I find it much rarer that people will take a shot at the turn when its the top card the paired after the flop checked through.

spider
02-22-2005, 11:40 PM
I don't understand this play at all. Button's play seems very consistent with a Q, especailly if he is the sort to frequently open-limp on button. Did he do this a lot, or did the limp imply a trickily played AA or KK?

If I got to the turn 3-bet like this, I'd either fold or call down.