PDA

View Full Version : How often would you play it like this?

Jeffage
02-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Mid limit online, full game (not Party 15-30). I have 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the big blind. Folded to a seemingly decent player who raises in the cutoff. Button and SB fold, I call. Flop is 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, cutoff raises, I call. The turn is the 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check, button bets, I raise. Comments? What's your plan if he calls and the river bricks? Bet or check-call?

Jeff

BradL
02-22-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your plan if he calls and the river bricks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet and fold to a raise.

-Brad

JohnnyHumongous
02-22-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet and fold to a raise.

-Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes, I like a check-call if an A or K falls... just personal preference, you're still paying 1BB but (depending on player) this is quality bluff-inducement. Blink for a while before hitting check.

Paluka
02-23-2005, 12:33 AM
It seems like the flop checkraise is better in these spots, but your line is fine. I don't think there is a ton of difference.

Jeffage
02-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Ok, I have to troll for some more interesting hands I guess. My opponent called my checkraise on the turn. I bet the river which was a total blank, he called. He had Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif so I lost. More comments welcome.

Thanks,
Jeff

BigSkiRace
02-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I still am really not confindent with my thinking when I write on these forums I need some feedback on what I say and if im wrong where did I go wrong...With that said,

check raise flop put in 4 bets

check, check turn

unless you hit trips, two pair, or flush dump on the river, what limit is this is it even 5/10?

badinfluence
02-23-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check raise flop put in 4 bets

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an underdog here to hit your flush, and you most likely aren't going to win a showdown with your hand ... so why would you cap it. If he makes it 3 bets, chances are he is not folding.

Turn ... if he is folding, and that is part of your strategy, why wouldn't you bet the turn after your 4 bet check raise.

Jeffage
02-23-2005, 12:19 PM
The game was higher than 15-30 (25-50). If you put in the last bet out of position on the flop, why would you suddenly check the turn when your hand has improved greatly and may now be the best hand? You basically scream draw also with that line.

Your thinking on the end is very weak tight. People are VERY aggressive with overcards at these limits. If I'm checking the end headsup, it's with the intention of calling.

Jeff

Mikey
02-23-2005, 04:26 PM
I would routinely fold this type of hand in the BB for a raise?
Can you share with us why you called?

Assuming you did call preflop like you did. I like to lead bet here like you did, because it increases your chance of picking up the pot on the flop.

On the turn I would lead into him again usually instead of checkraising, a checkraise more times than none ties them to the pot

esspo
02-23-2005, 04:35 PM
I would fold pre-flop. Check-call the flop. Lead the turn, unless your opponent is a habitual bluffer, then I would check-call the turn and river. If I was raised on the turn and I didn't improve on the river, I would check/call or check/fold depending on my read on c/o as to how likely s/he is to raise the turn and fire again on the river with overs.

Jeffage
02-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Against a raiser in a steal position, I will play this hand out of the BB approximately 100% of the time. Offsuit, I pitch it. Suited connector hands can win big pots when they hit in this spot. I know you play much tighter than I do in spots like this, but I honestly don't see myself folding this in the BB for one LP raise.

Jeff

CardSharpCook
02-23-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold pre-flop. Check-call the flop. Lead the turn, unless your opponent is a habitual bluffer, then I would check-call the turn and river. If I was raised on the turn and I didn't improve on the river, I would check/call or check/fold depending on my read on c/o as to how likely s/he is to raise the turn and fire again on the river with overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ess, I like your line. Except why fold this BB to a likely blind steal? If you are not defending this BB, what BBs DO you defend? Personally, I'd rather defend with low suited connectors than with ace high (though I tend to defend with both). IMHO, You need to defend sometimes. If you don't people will learn and start stealing with any 2 - I do (against players who habitually fold BB)

CSC

esspo
02-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Basically, my play from the blinds is 100% against the grain of conventional wisdom. I am a tight ass mofo from the blinds. Not the tightest, I still can't bring myself to fold KJo more than 50% of the time, but I'm working on it.

Oh I agree with you that defending with 67 sooted is much better than Ax.

esspo
02-23-2005, 05:09 PM
How do suited connectors win big pots heads-up out of position?