PDA

View Full Version : 55 and heavy preflop action

sublime
02-22-2005, 09:26 PM
basically just sat down. after 1 orbit the table is without a doubt loose, and seemed passive. opponents are unknown to me.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero?

whats my plan here?

arkady
02-22-2005, 09:33 PM
bet, because button might raise this flop with a big A, thus pushing out SB making your life easier. If its 2 more back to u, fold, cuz ur outgunned.

if that happens, i just might call down assuming no A or K comes. or i might fold the turn ui.

DrGutshot
02-22-2005, 09:34 PM
i hate this game...

check, and call if it's one bet back to you (hoping to spike a 5), but fold for more.

Hard to give an answer for the turn because of all the different possibilities of what could happen, but I think I'd fold to a single bet, given that I didn't hit my miracle.

-DrG

Nemesis
02-22-2005, 10:14 PM
I like arkady's line best.

sam h
02-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Bet.

If button raises and SB CCs, call and check the turn, deciding what to do depending on the action.

If button raises and SB 3Bs, fold.

If button raises and SB folds, call and prepare to go to showdown unless an A hits.

Evan
02-22-2005, 10:27 PM
is that preflop limp standard?

I'd lead the flop and expect the turn and river to be pretty interesting.

rory
02-22-2005, 10:37 PM
What's up with the PF limp?

I check here and will fold if the button bets and the SB raises and will call if the button bets and the SB calls and figure out what to do on the turn.

sublime
02-23-2005, 06:22 AM
to evan and rory:

What's up with the PF limp?

[ QUOTE ]
after 1 orbit the table is without a doubt loose, and seemed passive

[/ QUOTE ]

in one orbit i had seen most preflop activity consist of 2-3 limps and a complete, followed by a check (with me folding of course) so basically what i am saying is, the PF limp is by no means standard but i expexted to see the flop for one bet with a few others and get paid off nice if i hit. of course, because i limped, these guys took thier [censored] pills and started a war.

i checked the button bet and the SB called. the turn was an ace and i check/folded to two bets. if the turn had been a blank, i wouls have been even more confused /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

imitation
02-23-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bet, because button might raise this flop with a big A, thus pushing out SB making your life easier. If its 2 more back to u, fold, cuz ur outgunned.

if that happens, i just might call down assuming no A or K comes. or i might fold the turn ui.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously has anyone actually seen someone fold on the flop in these games after 3betting PF when the flop comes paired lowcards, am I playing another game??

FWIW check and call 1 is my plan, inspect the turn and go from there. If it's 2 or more fold, you might be ahead but it's going to be expensive, with a fair chance of being drawn out, to find out.

Subby
02-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Is it considered too weak-tight to just fold this pre-flop after your initial call is raised and re-raised?

imitation
02-23-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it considered too weak-tight to just fold this pre-flop after your initial call is raised and re-raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it would be a mistake, too much action preflop and you're getting 1-5 (assuming MP calls). All that preflop action means you likely get paid off big when you hit your set.

cornell2005
02-23-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet, because button might raise this flop with a big A,

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see this happening all that much in 5/10. is getting in 1 bb (2sb) on the flop then calling down 2 bb more really worth it when he has a pocket pair so much more often than AK when he raises?

Danenania
02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
I would check/call one bet on the flop then lead most turns. I think betting out on this flop is igniting a powder keg that you don't want to ignite.

Grisgra
02-23-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

in one orbit i had seen most preflop activity consist of 2-3 limps and a complete, followed by a check (with me folding of course) so basically what i am saying is, the PF limp is by no means standard but i expexted to see the flop for one bet with a few others and get paid off nice if i hit. of course, because i limped, these guys took thier [censored] pills and started a war.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel your pain /images/graemlins/smile.gif. There are plenty of 5/10 tables where you can get away with limping UTG with small pockets . . . but I need more than one orbit to identify them with enough certainty that I'm comfortable doing it! You don't know whether a table is reaally loose and reallly passive after just one orbit. I'd have folded pf.

BK_
02-23-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would check/call one bet on the flop then lead most turns.

[/ QUOTE ]

reasoning?