PDA

View Full Version : Answering the phone

Boris
02-22-2005, 09:24 PM
I hate it. I let it go to voicemail at least 75% of the time. I think I have some kind of mental problem.

Tyler Durden
02-22-2005, 09:25 PM
That sounds about right, freak.

jason_t
02-22-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate it. I let it go to voicemail at least 75% of the time. I think I have some kind of mental problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it too. I almost never answer my phone unless I am expecting a call from someone in particular. I don't own a cell phone, and I don't have a message machine or voicemail.

Homer
02-22-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I let it go the machine about 95% of the time, which means I answer the phone about once a year.

Jack of Arcades
02-22-2005, 10:02 PM
I agree. Anyone I give a damn about e-mails or IMs me.

peachy
02-22-2005, 10:04 PM
i have caller ID so i answer the ones i want to...but i found that IF i dont answer the 1st time they will call and call and call and call and call...EVEN after they have left messages ::sigh::

Zele
02-22-2005, 10:05 PM
"One should read mail no more than once a month, and immediately afterwards take a bath." - F. Nietzsche

That guy didn't know how good he had it.

peachy
02-22-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. Anyone I give a damn about e-mails or IMs me.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah its the oppisite for me...like 2 people know i can "use" a computer...its just not the "thing" in the circle of friends im in, maybe its just where im from, hahah who knows!

A few younger people (like just grad from HS in the last 2 yrs) use stuff like AIM when they go out of state for college - but thats about the extent of it

And i check my email about once a month if not less unless someone tells me to check it or something DIRECTLY related to it reminds me hehe

stabn
02-22-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of voicemail, mine says "hello this is stabn*". People absolutely hate it because a decent portion of them get tricked. I always hear, "hey i thought that was you instead of your voicemail!".

*It says my name instead of stabn.

mike l.
02-22-2005, 10:10 PM
"I think I have some kind of mental problem."

you do, it's called being a man.

gonores
02-22-2005, 10:34 PM
I know a guy who answered the phone once. Ten years later, BAM....herpes.

Let's just say I learned my lesson the easy way.

Evan
02-22-2005, 10:39 PM
sthief09's is just him saying his name, and pretty loud. very annoying. he also refuses to change it.

thirddan
02-22-2005, 10:41 PM
i never take my cell phone anywhere, it just sits on its cradle and when it rings i only sometimes pick it up...as for land line, i don't even know my apartments phone number...phones are stupid...i would much rather talk in person or some other way like AIM...

Zeno
02-22-2005, 11:08 PM
I got rid of my landline and love the non-ringing. Unfortunately, I had to have a cell phone when I was in business for myself. Still, the great and best thing about cell phones is the off button. There are very few people in the world I want to talk to over the phone and visa-a-versa.

Instant Karma.

-Zeno

peachy
02-22-2005, 11:11 PM
i cant go anywhere without my cell phone, ill turn around and drive 30 mins if i forget it (which i rarely forget it)...its an extension of my body!!

stabn
02-22-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i cant go anywhere without my cell phone, ill turn around and drive 30 mins if i forget it (which i rarely forget it)...its an extension of my body!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We already know this because you are a girl /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

radek2166
02-22-2005, 11:17 PM
I cant wait til Im bangin some chick and her phone rings!

peachy
02-22-2005, 11:21 PM
my friend brad used to answer all his phone calls when he was banging this one chick...id he like hey babe whatcha doing?? brad- "bangin ANS" mer - laughes brad - "ans say hey to mer"
ans - "hey mer!!" a lil out of breath mer - "ok brad call me later when ur done"

hahhaa and he was totally SERIOUS b.c id walk in on him and hed keep going at it and tell me not to leave he wanted to ask me something, and he would also call me while he was gettin head from girls, as a matter of fact i had quite a few guy friends that would do these sort of things (not to thier GFs though - well some would LOL)

Boris
02-22-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
freak

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. nice.

Freakin
02-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Didn't you post this on QLC a few weeks back?

Freakin

Boris
02-23-2005, 02:27 AM
listen arshole, I have never posted on QLC. Got it? Don't ever accuse me of doing that again. I might have to get medievil on you.

andyfox
02-23-2005, 02:33 AM
If you do, so do I. I figure it it's important they'll call back. The hell with the rest of them. That's why I hate cell phones. Now they bother you all the time.

Ponks
02-23-2005, 02:37 AM
I only use a cell phone so it has caller ID and I'll pick up pretty much anyone that calls me that I know, however if I don't know the number I just let it go to voice mail.

Ponks

Freakin
02-23-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
listen arshole, I have never posted on QLC. Got it? Don't ever accuse me of doing that again. I might have to get medievil on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

All in good fun. My first visit to QLC was a guy who practically had panic attacks when he had to make a phone call. But I gotta say I'm with you. I don't generally answer the phone unless I know the number. And then, I only answer the phone if I actually want to talk to them. I'd never answer my home phone if I didn't have caller ID.

Freakin

Ulysses
02-23-2005, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mainly just answer the phone if it's someone I'm expecting a call from or if it's a business-related call I need to take.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-23-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sthief09's is just him saying his name, and pretty loud. very annoying. he also refuses to change it.

[/ QUOTE ]
The worst is people whose voicemail message is too short. One guy I worked with had his voicemail as "hi, this is ___. Here's the beep" BEEP! He said it real fast, too, so you go from sitting back in your chair saying "come on answer the phone already!" to freaking out and "OH [censored] IT ALREADY BEEPED WHAT THE [censored] DO I SAY? I'M LIVE!" *click* so until you know exactly when his voicemail picks up and you're ready for it, you're leaving dumbass messages to a guy you're working for. It's not cool.

junkmail3
02-23-2005, 11:50 AM
I never answer the phone. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3906607.stm)

Zygote
02-23-2005, 12:08 PM
if theres something wrong with you then i got the same problem. I hate answering the phone.

Shajen
02-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Apparently, this is more common than you think. Just a bit of digging around on google, and I came up with this page. (http://quarterlifecrisis.com/forums) Hope this helps.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Very nice.

anatta
02-23-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm the same way. I screen more than that actually.

Boris
02-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Dick.

jakethebake
02-23-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, this is more common than you think. Just a bit of digging around on google, and I came up with this page. (http://quarterlifecrisis.com/forums) Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn. Got me.

Shajen
02-23-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks Boris /images/graemlins/grin.gif