PDA

View Full Version : Suited crap in BB, maniac on left

J.A.Sucker
09-09-2002, 02:04 PM
Here's one that came up the other night in a 15-30 game. I've got a total maniac (TM) on my left, and I'm waiting desperatly to switch seats. Until that happens, I'm stuck here. The rest of the combatants are fairly typical.

I have Ts7s in BB. TM raises UTG. This mean zero since he's been raising every hand. Everybody at the table realizes this, too. 4 callers to me. I call. 6 handed, 12 SB. Comments? Anybody fold here?

Flop: Jh9s3h. I have a gut shot to the non-nuts, and a backdoor spade draw. I check, TM bets, all call. I'm getting 17:1 here, so I call for my 3 outter, hoping for the 8s on the turn. Anybody fold here?

Turn: 8c. Close /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif (Mason, is my gratuitous use of the icon thingies up to your standards /forums/images/icons/cool.gif ?)

I check, knowing that there is a 100% chance of TM betting. He does, all call (how many flush draws are out there?!?) I raise. TM reraises. All fold to me. Yippee!!! At this point, I'm hoping that he doesn't have QT, but I still think I'm good. He's totally out of control, so his 3 bet could mean a variety of hands. I 4 bet. He calls (sweet!) and says I like your str8. How about this 4 bet? I don't have the nuts, but I'm playing against one...

River is an offsuit Q. I like this card. I bet, figuring that he'll call with 2 pair or a set. He raises. I call. Anyone object to my river bet?

Dehumanizer
09-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Well, my prediction is that you split the pot with him or lose to k/10.

If he openly acknowledged your straight, though he's a (TM) I doubt he's that stupid to raise your river bet without at least a 10...

I'd put him on a/10, k/10, q/10 or j/10... j/10 and q/10 most likely, pray that he doesn't have k/10... what was the result?

J.A.Sucker
09-09-2002, 07:08 PM
Not that the results matter too much, but here they are anyway.

I call his raise, he turns over KTo (no flush cards) and takes down the huge pot. He left shortly thereafter. Ugh.

The real questions I have are whether the 4 bet on the turn and the bet out on the river were good bets against a moron like this.

Tommy Angelo
09-10-2002, 04:08 AM
"I have Ts7s in BB. TM raises UTG. This mean zero since he's been raising every hand. Everybody at the table realizes this, too. 4 callers to me. I call. 6 handed, 12 SB. Comments? Anybody fold here?"

I do. If you want to know why, just read the rest of your post and think of the thousands of times I'm sitting there watching those pots instead of flailing around with 10-high jive hands acting first every round with raises and flopped whatevers and one of them Jesus writers said it best -- The first shall be last and the last shall be first.

Tommy

J.A.Sucker
09-10-2002, 12:50 PM
The only thing that I liked about this hand is that I kind of did have position in this hand with the autobetting maniac on my left. I could check it and all would act back to me. Not many of the others were willing to tangle with him without a big hand, so there's a good chance that I'm gonna close the action. With that said, I sure could save a lot of aggrevation by folding there, but that doesn't make it right. Surely there are much better places to get involved, but with a possible lack of aggression by the others later in the hand, calling can't be bad. I mean, they called him on that flop (with that board), and folded when I checkraised the turn. Surely, one of those guys had top pair and refused to raise the flop or the turn (when it was 1 bet to them )with position on the maniac - pretty passive. This was my main reason for calling before the flop, despite the fact that this hand was garbage. With better players who would apply more postflop pressure, I think you're right.