PDA

View Full Version : avatar

bosoxfan
02-22-2005, 09:01 PM
If a photo is too big to use as an avatar, how can it be shrunk?

underaged
02-22-2005, 09:15 PM
with most imaging programs such as photoshop. Well that's what I use. Some people may not have access to it. I'm sure there's some free program out there that someone can tell you about. look on www.cnet.com (http://www.cnet.com) for free programs.

craig r
02-22-2005, 09:31 PM
I opened the pic up in Paint and went to "stretch/skew." Under "stretch" i changed both width/height to "50%" hit "ok." and then repeated if necessary. i don't own any other photo software program so that is the only way i know how to do this.

craig

StevieG
02-22-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I opened the pic up in Paint and went to "stretch/skew." Under "stretch" i changed both width/height to "50%" hit "ok." and then repeated if necessary. i don't own any other photo software program so that is the only way i know how to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The avatar size is max 80 x 80. If you use the select tool in paint (that is the dotted rectangle in thte upper right hand of the toolbar) on the image to make a selction, you will see its size in the lower left hand side of the window.

Using that and the stretch/skew wil allow you to crop and resize to get the image you want.

mmbt0ne
02-22-2005, 10:42 PM
2+2 will auto-resize any picture you try to use as an avatar.

AngryCola
02-23-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2+2 will auto-resize any picture you try to use as an avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, but it doesn't do it very well.

Often times the site's auto-resize makes pics look a bit distorted. Resizing it yourself is a better idea.