PDA

View Full Version : reality check, AhJh in the bb...

DcifrThs
02-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

am i nuts?? i mean i gotta be seriously dominated and i'll just be calling if i hit a j top pair due to pot size...is my suitedness enough to make up for it??

-Barron

Paluka
02-22-2005, 08:08 PM
I think calling this preflop would be pretty terrible.

steveyz
02-22-2005, 08:09 PM
I think this is an easy muck for me.

DcifrThs
02-22-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an easy muck for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks...just checking b/c this is SOP for me and somebody whose opinion i trust said that it was worth a call for the times i hit a flush and/or two pair or better...i didnt think so...so i posted it to be sure...

-Barron

Kaz The Original
02-22-2005, 08:12 PM
If this were the case, the fact that it was AJ wouldn't matter. Any two suited would do. Which it clearly won't.

Fianchetto
02-22-2005, 08:13 PM
I think you gotta muck it.

Yeah you're suited, but you are really only getting about 4:1 and are out of position. Plus you are probably drawing to a 3 outer at best, and in many cases you are crushed.

BradL
02-22-2005, 08:15 PM
I had this same situation, i mean identical (though it may have been mp2 that cold called) the other day and i mucked it without a second thought, i really cant imagine calling. As always, i could be way off... Edit: Read the other replies and found out im not way off.

-Brad

goofball
02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
UTG raise, button 3bet is an easy fold.

CO raise button 3bet is not. Neither is button raise SB 3bet.

George Rice
02-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Two players cold called two bets and figure to call two more bets. So you will be getting 6.66:1 on your call, 6:1 if one of them folds. If the small blind just cold called the buttons raise would you play? Would you cap it if you did?

I think the answer to your question lies in the players in the game. If they will hang on with little because of the size of the pot then calling might be the best action.

It's about 7.5:1 to flop a four flush, and 1.86:1 to make it if you do. You also can make the nut straight, two pair or trips. Even an ace might be good (but it might cost a lot to find out otherwise). You can also lose to a boat if you make the flush.

If you do flop the four flush you may get many players hanging on to see the turn for a few bets.

I think its a close decision, but I would call in most Party games. It the game was tight, or the players played well after the flop, I would probably fold.

DcifrThs
02-22-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two players cold called two bets and figure to call two more bets. So you will be getting 6.66:1 on your call, 6:1 if one of them folds. If the small blind just cold called the buttons raise would you play? Would you cap it if you did?

I think the answer to your question lies in the players in the game. If they will hang on with little because of the size of the pot then calling might be the best action.

It's about 7.5:1 to flop a four flush, and 1.86:1 to make it if you do. You also can make the nut straight, two pair or trips. Even an ace might be good (but it might cost a lot to find out otherwise). You can also lose to a boat if you make the flush.

If you do flop the four flush you may get many players hanging on to see the turn for a few bets.

I think its a close decision, but I would call in most Party games. It the game was tight, or the players played well after the flop, I would probably fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks george.

-Barron

pfkaok
02-22-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG raise, button 3bet is an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?? even if one of both of them are LAGy?

i would usually muck in the original ?, but I don't think calling would be too horrible if some of the players are really poor.

is AQs here an easy call?? i would almost always call in this spot if I had that, unless some of the players already in were very tight.

capybara
02-22-2005, 11:19 PM
OK, I fold too, assuming no reads or statistics on the players involved. For those who thought it obvious that AhJh was a fold, would you also fold AQs, AKo, or QQ?

Your Mom
02-22-2005, 11:24 PM
easy muck

Your Mom
02-22-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, I fold too, assuming no reads or statistics on the players involved. For those who thought it obvious that AhJh was a fold, would you also fold AQs, AKo, or QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

AQs is player dependent but standard procedure is fold. QQ I never fold preflop in a limit game. AKo is a call.

na4bart
02-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Not in my book. You will need to flop two pair or the nut draw to continue and both are longshots. Fold.

amulet
02-23-2005, 11:53 AM
probably dominated, correct fold.

BigSkiRace
02-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Your only outs are a flush, if you hit A ace your toast, If you hit a Jack good chance you are as well.

highland
02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

AQs is player dependent but standard procedure is fold. QQ I never fold preflop in a limit game. AKo is a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never fold QQ? I actually had QQ in UTG+3 the other day at 30/60. UTG raised (sorta LAG), UTG+1 (sorta LAG), reraised, UTG+2 (TAG) capped. I thought about it for a minute before cold-calling 4. While UTG and UTG+1 were a little too aggressive, I don't recall them raising in early spots too often at a full table, though they did limp in from early position with mediocre holdings. Anyway, I crossed my fingers that I would spike a queen, or I was up against AK in triplicate.

Anyone fold this one? My guess was UTG+2 would cap with AA, KK, QQ, AKs, maybe AKo.

The flop showed a K, so I got out cheap.

cheers,
highland

DeeJ
02-23-2005, 07:45 PM
I posted the same hand AJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif but with 3 bettors and me in earlier position. Not many people disagreed with my fold (that's the story spin and I'm sticking to it /images/graemlins/grin.gif ) and I also asked "what about AQs"?

With loosies around I think you can play these hands if there's enough players in.

I just rechecked that AJs hand (UTG open raised with AQo, UTG+1 cc with J9s MP1 raised with T9s /images/graemlins/mad.gif won with pair of tens with heart flush on board)

Given this array of jokers, even if you know 1 is TAG, isn't the dead(ish) money starting to look tempting?