PDA

View Full Version : general Question

ITWASSOOOOTED
02-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Have a general question. If you are in a 3 way pot, with a flush draw and overcards, (ex. TJs on a flop of 8-5-3.)Player to your left has bet the flop and other player has called. Is it a profitable play to check raise in this situation, and further if u do check raise and are re raised is it profitable to cap the betting?

Trix
02-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Bet it.

Check-raising two players is fine. I usally dont cap as either of them will be lost or is allready lost usually, but just bet your draw in the first place.

ITWASSOOOOTED
02-22-2005, 08:07 PM
ok let me reprhase the question a little bit, What if it was raised preflop, but same situation, basically i am assuming that my overcards may not be any good. But these is also the chance that they are good. My reasoning for check raising the flop is to hopefully get one caller out if they hold hands such as (kj or aj) also its possible i may get a free turn out of position. But maybe I am just overplaying my hand .I look forward to any insight on this question

xxxxx
02-22-2005, 08:17 PM
You'r not getting rid of anybody since they have already put money in the pot. It's not like you are facing anyone with calling two cold. You have a 35% chance of making a flush. There is some chance of making a pair (or even trips) and winning that way. Against that, someone may have a set and therefore outs to a fullhouse or a bigger flush draw and you are drawing dead. I think it's neutral EV either way.