PDA

View Full Version : Playing AA/KK to aggresively?

Yakrider
02-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi all

Been reading these forums a lot lately but not really felt I had much to say until I played these two hands today and really started wondering whether or not I play high pocket pairs to fast. I just recently moved from limit to no limit and wouldn't be too surprised if I'm way off on many things.
All input would be appreciated, torture me with your wisdom.

I tried to find some hand history in the application (expekt.com) but couldn’t so this is the way I recall it:

Game is no limit, 10 handed, big blind = $0.10 and buyin = $10

I had never seen villain before and he was my opponent in both hands. For the past 20minutes he had done nothing to make me believe he was any better than the rest. It was obvious that he was very loose as far as starting hand selection was concerned since he played many hands.
He is seated two seats to my left.

Hand 1

Hero has $9.x
Villain has $6.2

Hero is delt KK

Everyone folds to me in middle position.

I raise to $0.40 (This far the game had been really passive with no raising at all pre-flop)

Villain calls in late positions. Everone else folds. Pot is $0.95

Flopp is Q, 7 and 4, two clubs (neither of my Ks are clubs)
I bet $1
Villain calls. Pot is $2.95

Turn is J (not club)
I bet $2.5
Villain calls. Pot is $7.95

River is 7
I check
Villain goes all in $2.3
I call

Result in white:
<font color="white"> Villain has A7o </font>

Hand 2
10 -15 minutes later.

Hero has $9
Villain has $14

Hero is delt AA in middle position

Player UTG call the blinds for $0.10.

Hero raise to $0.40

Villain and UTG calls. Pot is $1.35

Flop is 10, 9, 7 mixed colors.

UTG checks

Hero bets $1

Villain raise to $2

Hero re-raise to $4

Villain makes it $6

Hero folds

Villan flashes his hand:
<font color="white">Villain has 88 </font>

MyMindIsGoing
02-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Hand 1: raise more preflop, otherwise fine.
Hand 2: raise more preflop, raise more (to $5-6) if you gonna reraise him, otherwise fold. If he calls your raise play very carfully, if he raises you back fold.

tbach24
02-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Hand 1: You played this perfectly. Villain probably would've protected with a set on the flop.

Hand 2: When you raise PF, add 1xBB per limper to the standard raise. If the table folds to the raises, just raise more hands. When you re-raise his raise, you gotta make it 6. 4 is too small. Nice fold though.

Do you always follow up your bets with AK or missed overcards when checked to?

poboy
02-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Hand #1 is just a standard bad beat. If anything you might bet a little larger, it looks like he was willing to pay any price to chase. On hand #2 that is a horrible laydown. Regardless of whether or not you think he's ahead you cannot fold a $10+ pot for a $2 raise. JMO

DoomSlice
02-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Both hands played non-aggressively! On the first one just push on the river. The 7 is more likely to have helped you (against QJ) than it is to have hurt you, and Villain ain't folding for $2.3.

Second hand i cannot justify folding to a min-re-raise there.