PDA

View Full Version : yet another

djr
02-22-2005, 06:34 PM
another played poorly...but at least not as bad as the last one.

UTG is very aggressive (PFR=35%, VPIP=80%), and given the raises he's shown down I think he thinks he's playing hi not hi/lo

Party Poker 1/2 Omaha/8 (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

ok, this is not a great hand and looking back I should have folded it right here and now. But, I didn't trust UTG's raise, had position, and was on a lucky streak (no excuse, in my opinion)

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

I raise here for two reasons. I doubt UTG has an A3 (he probably has a high pair), and odds are I'm the only with a nut low draw. I've got position and if I miss the turn I wanted to try for a free card. MP pops out a 3bet, wtf? FIgure him for a flush draw, but maybe he's also got an A3?

Turn: (11.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

probably my only good play this hand

River: (14.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP calls $2.20 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

I think the river raise on my part can be argued, but the cap can't...comments?

Final Pot: 24.85 BB

Yads
02-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah throw that hand away pre flop, If you do play it you should reraise to try to isolate the maniac, but since there's already 2 cold callers I think you can safely throw your hand away. Rest of the hand is fine except the river cap, BB is most likely really excited about his garbage straight.

gergery
02-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Preflop: not great. I’d probably fold to a raiser, even if maniac, but not terrible to play.

Flop: Raising is bad. If have little chance for high, and just a draw for low, which will hit without counterfeiting you ~30% of the time, or roughly 2:1 against. You put in 1 bet and all call, meaning 5 new bets are in the pot, and you’ll get 2.5 back, minus the 1 you put in for 1.5 bets in profit. But you’ll hit once for every two misses at low, AND get quartered a reasonable chunk. So your EV is roughly -0.1 to -0.5 bets on new money.

Turn: Call.

River: I like the raise and cap. I’d expect to: rarely see your o’s fold, win low a bunch, get quartered some, and occasionally get ¾ if set is good.

Buzz
02-26-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: ok, this is not a great hand and looking back I should have folded it right here and now.

[/ QUOTE ]

DJR - Maybe. However, I think your call is fine. I don't even think a re-raise would be terrible. I'd wonder why UTG raised. My main focus at this point would be on why UTG raised.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: Hero raises ......

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO your raise here isn't good, but it isn't terrible either.

[ QUOTE ]
MP pops out a 3bet, wtf? FIgure him for a flush draw, but maybe he's also got an A3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if the limp re-raise was planned or an impulsive reaction. Seems strange.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: Hero calls....
probably my only good play this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Call is O.K. Raise would be O.K. too.

[ QUOTE ]
River: Hero raises... Hero caps....

I think the river raise on my part can be argued, but the cap can't...comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your raise on the river. And although I wouldn't cap it, I don't think the cap is terrible.

Overall, you did fine. No big problems are evident here.

Just my opinion.

Buzz

Moneyline
02-27-2005, 05:50 AM
Preflop: I would probably fold unless everyone else at the table was totally clueless, and even then it would be a close decision. As you probably know, your hand is not very good. You have a draw to the 2nd nut low and your backup low card is the worst possible one. Your high possibilities basically require an 8 to flop or something wacky like 3 diamonds with no one else holding a better diamond draw and not much action. These are longshots so you're basically playing for only half the pot without either the nut draw or any reasonable counterfeit protection.

Flop: I would also raise here with the nut low draw on the button. You may get a free card and a raise punishes worse low draws. When MP reraises it looks like you both may be drawing at the nut-low unless this player is the sort who would think a set is a hand to slowplay.

Turn: I like calling as well. Since you're only playing for half the pot and it looks like you may be getting quartered it doesn't make sense IMO to drive people out.

River: If your opponents are likely to fold a not nut straight or top set on the river then I think a raise is a great play... but your opponents don't seem to fit that profile. I would rather call here and hope for bad calls from worse high hands as it seems unlikely you could get a better high hand to fold. I suspect you only got 1/4 here.