PDA

View Full Version : QJs on the button against two good limpers.

Fianchetto
02-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Good $12-$24 B&M game. Couple decent players, couple soft spots.

Villain in this hand is just to my right. I've played a lot of hours with him; he is a tight aggressive thinking player. I think he respects my play too.

Good player open limps from MP, Villain limps in CO, I raise on the button with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Blinds fold, limpers call.

3 Players (3.5BB)

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, they both call.

3 players (5BB)

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

MP checks, Villain bets, I call, MP folds.

2 Players (7BB)

River: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain bets, I call.

How many mistakes?

I'll post results and my thoughts later

JasonP530
02-22-2005, 11:17 PM
I think you need to raise the turn.

na4bart
02-22-2005, 11:28 PM
You must raise the turn. Villian's most likely hand is a suited J or T with a worse kicker. He would have raised preflop with a suited A, KJo, KJs. The only hand where you are behind is JT and it best to find out on the turn with the intention of checking behind on the river. You don't want to give Kh T something a cheap card. Or worse yet A9 with suited 9. Even if he has Ah 9 you can't give a cheap card.

AceHigh
02-23-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How many mistakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you should fold on the turn, so 2. But against an unknown I like your play and would say 0.

Fianchetto
02-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I felt like I made one mistake in this hand and that was not raising the turn.

I'd seen MP open raise preflop earlier in the session with KQo, so to open limp I think his hand was worse than that. Plus, I have a good hand, and the button, so I like the preflop raise.

Flop is pretty standard I think.

On the turn, suddenly villain bets. First thing is that if either of them is drawing to hearts and I have the best hand I should really raise. I even brought out enough chips for a raise in my hand as I considered my action, but I just called.

The second thing is that I feel I could pretty safely fold to a 3-bet on the turn, I don't think either of those players is going to make that move on me with a worse hand.

Finally, since villain is tight and respects my play, it's possible he could fold a better jack.

As it turned out he had Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif , and we chopped it up, but a turn raise could have put him to a tough decision since he doesn't hold a heart.