PDA

View Full Version : Girls and Money

Wayfare
02-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Ok fellas, here is a serious question for you:

A lot of people think that having lots of money will get you girls. This is not true. What will probably get you girls is spending (wasting) money on ostentatious stuff, i.e. expensive clothes, watches, suits, cars. This is widely accepted as being very effective.

The obvious reason for this is because members of the opposite sex give increased attention because of an expectation that once they get with you, you will buy them nice stuff too.

However, those are generally not the type of girls you want for the long term -- maybe some people out there want these girls, but not the majority of us. So, for you guys with a lot of money, do you:

1: Whore yourself as described above, and spend lots on yourself and your possibly parasitic significant others?

OR

2: Knowingly lose out on the best part of having lots of money?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Alobar
02-22-2005, 06:06 PM
both

Wayfare
02-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Elaborate.

I bet most reasonable rich people are guilty of the second.

MC hammer not withstanding.

swede123
02-22-2005, 06:18 PM
That's a really good idea. Lawrence, what would you
do if you had a million dollars?
He sits down.
I'll tell you what I'll do, man--Two chicks at the same time.
That's it? If you had a million dollars, that's what you'd do, two
chicks at the same time?
Damn straight, man. I've always wanted to do that. I figure if I were a
millionaire, I could hook that up. Chicks dig guys with money.
Well not all chicks….
Well, the type that double up on a guy like me do.
Good point.

Some all-time classic movie dialogue, and quite appropriate considering the topic...

Swede

BreakEvenPlayer
02-22-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
those are generally not the type of girls you want for the long term -- maybe some people out there want these girls, but not the majority of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe this^...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then you are not really missing out on the "best part of having lots of money" because you don't really believe on having a gold digger girlfriend... so none of the two answers really apply.

asofel
02-22-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
those are generally not the type of girls you want for the long term -- maybe some people out there want these girls, but not the majority of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe this^...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then you are not really missing out on the "best part of having lots of money" because you don't really believe on having a gold digger girlfriend... so none of the two answers really apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

deacsoft
02-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Once again, the truth. (http://www.lovedungeon.net/movies/ahlamour.html)

cnfuzzd
girls dont like boys, girls like cars and money....

god i hate that band...

peace

john nickle

turnipmonster
I don't really think that money = ass in most cases. maybe it attracts a certain type of girl, but in general it's personality that seals the deal, at least in my experience. the two most consistent people I know both wear thrift store clothes and are rather open about being somewhat depraved.

edit: I am talking mostly about one night stands, you are talking relationships? I still disagree it's widely accepted that flaunting money is the best way to get women.

--turnipmonster

TimM
02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

astroglide
02-22-2005, 06:30 PM
i think the confidence that comes along with having money is way more important than the money itself when it comes to practical attraction with women who aren't gold diggers (even allowing for those that enjoy the money)

Alobar
02-22-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Elaborate.

I bet most reasonable rich people are guilty of the second.

MC hammer not withstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes I drop lots of cash on people just cuz I can, and sometimes I don't. It all depends on the situation and if I'm just looking to get laid, or actually meet someone.

offTopic
02-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Jay: You gotta boil it down to the essentials. It's like Cube says, "Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money."

sfer
02-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Generally, most guys who think that making coin will get ensure them the pleasures of female company are planning on making integer multiples less than the monetary targets they would need.

BusterStacks
02-22-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

peachy
02-22-2005, 07:28 PM
it doesnt just take money...it takes power and determination too in order to get all the girls - money doesnt do it alone! Yes i sound superficial, but its the truth, and most girls r WAY bad about this, especially if they r very pretty! We get what we want using what we have (the booty u guys want) therefore the only way we give it up is if u got the goods too! Every once in awhile u find love while looking for money (security) but hey...those r the lucky few!!

Money and power has blessed many men that would never get any and let alone with FINE chicks = bill gates and donald trump to name a few

BusterStacks
02-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Have you SEEN Donald Trump's wife?

peachy
02-22-2005, 07:32 PM
yes, shes HOT

Sponger15SB
02-22-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Money and power has blessed many men that would never get any and let alone with FINE chicks = bill gates and donald trump to name a few

[/ QUOTE ]

Point obviously taken, but Gates' wife is not hot....

http://www.zpub.com/un/bill/billandmelindagates1.jpeg

ilya
02-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I disagree, I think money can help you get women who aren't just parasites. The thing about money is that it gives you free time, which you can use for
a, looking for women,
b, courting women,
c, making yourself more attractive to women by making yourself fitter, better educated, more personable, etc...

'c' has the added advantage of improving your general quality of your life. that's definitely where i would put most of my chips i was rich.

theBruiser500
02-22-2005, 07:52 PM
The only success my money has brought me with girls is that I got a cute bankteller to smile at me when I took out 10k.

VBM
02-22-2005, 07:52 PM
in college, i had a buddy who was very ordinary-looking(if not ugly) who was not rich, but that dude could just rap to girls; way charming and way cool.

and every one of his gf's were always like at least +3 points higher than him on the 1-10 attractiveness equivalency scale. We'd always wonder, "how in the world does he get her?"

now that i'm older & i think about it, having a good dose of confidence and some smooth rap goes a lot further than cash. there are also bunches of rich tools who couldn't get laid in a morgue...

peachy
02-22-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Point obviously taken, but Gates' wife is not hot....

http://www.zpub.com/un/bill/billandmelindagates1.jpeg

[/ QUOTE ]

not sayin his wife, but it got him super hot chicks tryin to get all over him

mmcd
02-22-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only success my money has brought me with girls is that I got a cute bankteller to smile at me when I took out 10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before or after she filled out the CTR?

Wayfare
02-22-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it doesnt just take money...it takes power and determination too in order to get all the girls - money doesnt do it alone! Yes i sound superficial, but its the truth, and most girls r WAY bad about this, especially if they r very pretty! We get what we want using what we have (the booty u guys want) therefore the only way we give it up is if u got the goods too! Every once in awhile u find love while looking for money (security) but hey...those r the lucky few!!

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys have too much money to get with normal people anyway. How about the non supermen?

PokerCat69
02-22-2005, 09:35 PM
The more money you have the easier it is to get hot girls.

Fratony
02-22-2005, 09:39 PM
For me, when i have money to blow, i usually end up blowing it. Why? because i can, not to impress women. The fact that Americans are incrediblely material doesnt just span the female population. Guys like to have nice stuff too. I like to dress nice, drive a nice car, and watch a big tv. This kind of stuff may attract girls or at least get them to notice you, but i like to think that i am using my money to make my life more exciting and enjoyable rather than trying "buy someone".

theBruiser500
02-22-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before or after she filled out the CTR?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is ctr

peachy
02-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, i dont want a guy BUYING stuff for me, thats not why i go for succesful men, i have my own nice clothes, nice car, nice big screen tvs, nice jewelry - which i got on my own. If a guy cant keep up then i feel like i am the one that someones after for money or they recent me and take it out on me when they "think" i have more than them - so im not TOTALLY superficial - i do have my reasons!

Wayfare
02-23-2005, 12:42 AM
CTR is currency transaction report. You probably also got a SAR (suspicious activity report) filed.

mmcd
02-23-2005, 09:55 AM
It's the form that banks have to send to the government everytime you have a transaction for 10k or more in cash.

Personally, I like to avoid them if possible because I don't want to send out any red flags, have anyone looking in to me, etc., and more basically because I want big brother to have as little info on me as possible.

Note: Structuring transactions to avoid CTR's is illegal, so if you don't want to get one, don't be obvious about it.

Wayfare
02-23-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's the form that banks have to send to the government everytime you have a transaction for 10k or more in cash.

Personally, I like to avoid them if possible because I don't want to send out any red flags, have anyone looking in to me, etc., and more basically because I want big brother to have as little info on me as possible.

Note: Structuring transactions to avoid CTR's is illegal, so if you don't want to get one, don't be obvious about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to reiterate: CTR's really aren't anything to worry about. Laundering money in order to specifically avoid having one filed on you is something to worry about. It is a red flag that's ten times bigger than the CTR is.

If you have a CTR in vegas no one thinks twice about it...