PDA

View Full Version : Is Daniel N. Ambiguously Gay?

fat_nutz
02-22-2005, 05:39 PM
He recently broke up with his fiancee, and had this to say in his last blog:

"In some ways I feel like the life I chose makes it difficult for a woman to cope."

You could read this two ways--first, "the LIFE I chose..." or second, Ace&Gary it a little to get: "difficult for a WOMAN to cope."

If you buy the latter, it sure sounds like Daniel is giving a hint that he'll have an Ace or Gary on his arm by the time WSOP rolls around. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Nick B.
02-22-2005, 05:42 PM
shut up

TStoneMBD
02-22-2005, 05:48 PM
shut up

MonkeeMan
02-22-2005, 05:51 PM
The original post is unabiguously gay.

fat_nutz
02-22-2005, 05:54 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think he's definitely gay. For one thing, he has a closet full of leather jackets. Also, he has a goatee. That pretty much seals the deal, I'd say.

tek
02-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Plus he's Canadian /images/graemlins/blush.gif

To Daniel and all Knucks--I'm just kidding /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

toots
02-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Yabbut is he compulsively neat? Is he a good cook?

kipin
02-22-2005, 06:35 PM
http://img65.exs.cx/img65/1182/danspage0jr.jpg

I think this is appropriate.

tdarko
02-22-2005, 06:37 PM
goatee=gay??? you have this backwards, i live next door to one of the biggest gay communities in dallas and not one has a goatee, they are neatly dressed and neatly trimmed.
i am not saying there isn't any with goatee's but its definately not in the majority.

oh and i took it as "the life i chose to live," was his profession as a poker player...but then again that is so obvious that this whole thread could be a joke and i am the idiot that didn't get it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

onthebutton
02-22-2005, 06:52 PM
I find it more likely that both he and his fiancee realized the amount of strange that he could be pulling in.....can you imagine how poker groupies flock to him?

drewjustdrew
02-22-2005, 06:59 PM
FWIW (not much),

I also consider goatees to be homosexual. I think they are a form of vagina envy. Maybe Dallas has bizarro gays.

Doesn't mean I think everyone who wears them is homosexual though.

tdarko
02-22-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Dallas has bizarro gays

[/ QUOTE ]
haha maybe.

MonkeeMan
02-22-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they are a form of vagina envy

[/ QUOTE ]

Goats are popular in prison for this reason /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stabn
02-22-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shut up

[/ QUOTE ]

onthebutton
02-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Yes, it's obvious he's gay. The hot girlfriend was just a cover. Maybe sitting behind a computer and calling people that you don't even know "gay" is a cover too......

Jesus....who really cares? He's a kickass poker player, probably the best tournament player going right now. And he's obviously a pretty good guy....look at how he takes care of his Mom. So why does it matter?

CrazyN8
02-22-2005, 09:46 PM
He had an article in cardplayer about Woman and poker. Sounded like he was getting tired of making the money and having them spent it. I think he's a stand up guy but probably will be frequenting the services of a few female callers. Whatever he is, he could wipe the table with my ass. Damn, now I sound gay. I mean, he's really good at poker. Now that even sounds gay. UGH! I give up!

KDawgCometh
02-22-2005, 10:02 PM
question, why does it matter if he is or isn't. He broke up with her for various reasons one of them being their political differences. This can be a very big thing in a successful marriage or a divorice. He's also still young and lives a lifestyle that keeps him away from loved ones and dictates odd hours. She very well may have wanted to have kids in the very near future and with his schedule it would be unfair to his children to maintain it, and he probably wants to keep this schedule for the next few years. there are probably more reasons then the one you want to think of

Grindin'
02-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Danny has always been very flamboyant. I tend to think I have a very good gaydar and the first time I saw him on T.V. , without any previous background information of his, I did indeed assume he was gay. But that's not the point, sexual preferences should have nothing to do with poker.

Michael C.
02-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Who gives a [censored]? Other than some of the funny replies, this has to be the stupidest topic I've ever seen posted here...

DesertCat
02-22-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Daniel N. Ambiguously Gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's ambiguous about it?

Seriously, I think he's metro, not [censored]. He dresses nice, is polite, sensitive, etc, and dates women. But either way, who cares?

ed8383
02-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Daniel Negranu is gay??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I refuse to believe it! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

underaged
02-22-2005, 11:39 PM
The real question is, "Would you have sex with him for one million dollars?"

Grindin'
02-22-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The real question is, "Would you have sex with him for one million dollars?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. He's a sexy beast! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bobby rooney
02-22-2005, 11:56 PM
I mean usually guys that are comfortable with their manhood don't have to make an issue of it.

__Q__
02-23-2005, 12:05 AM
For a gay guy, he sure dates a lot of hot asian broads.

mostsmooth
02-23-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For a gay guy, he sure dates a lot of hot asian broads.

[/ QUOTE ]
amen!!! well, at least the one i saw was smokin!!! i wish i was as gay as him if thats the type of snapper id be pulling down.

eMarkM
02-23-2005, 02:58 AM
No, it's the whole obsessed-with-his-mother that's the biggest give away.

Spladle Master
02-23-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shut up

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TransientR
02-23-2005, 06:45 AM
As others have said - who cares?

Speculating on the man's sexuality because he broke up with his fiance is lame.

And he and his mother don't hate one another..what a sin!

Frank

3rdEye
02-23-2005, 08:46 AM
He's not gay, and who cares if he is.

What's more, if he were gay, I wish you'd play him heads-up, so you could get beaten at poker by a gay guy. That would be funny.

3rdEye
02-23-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW (not much),

I also consider goatees to be homosexual. I think they are a form of vagina envy. Maybe Dallas has bizarro gays.

Doesn't mean I think everyone who wears them is homosexual though.

[/ QUOTE ]

My roommate gets more tail than anyone I've ever known in my life, and he sports a goatee.

3rdEye
02-23-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He had an article in cardplayer about Woman and poker. Sounded like he was getting tired of making the money and having them spent it. I think he's a stand up guy but probably will be frequenting the services of a few female callers. Whatever he is, he could wipe the table with my ass. Damn, now I sound gay. I mean, he's really good at poker. Now that even sounds gay. UGH! I give up!

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is, he could easily get more play than just about every one of these idiots who are calling him a [censored].

I'm sick of people saying he's gay. It's obviously not true. I'd like DN to post on these forums, but the fact that some people on this forum take every opportunity available to call him a queer probably doesn't make him any more likely to post here.

drewjustdrew
02-23-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My roommate gets more tail than anyone I've ever known in my life, and he sports a goatee.

[/ QUOTE ]

From women? Just kidding.

Actually the person who questioned the OP's use of the term "Ambiguous" is correct. That would imply that from outward appearances, he doesn't appear to lean either way. The issue may be more of an effeminate heterosexual or homosexual in denial, but really it is probably just the Toronto accent. I find a lot of people from Atlanta have a "gay southern accent". Especially when they have that high pitched twang like the serial killer on Boston Legal. It doesn't mean they are gay though. Not that there's anything wrong with that! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sundevils21
02-23-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
like the serial killer on Boston Legal

[/ QUOTE ]

that dude is funny

toots
02-23-2005, 02:42 PM
You know, I often find that poker playing bravado is often just a beard fronting a brittle or easily bruised male gender identity. The fact that this discussion even takes place only reinforces that opinion of mine.

The nice thing about the accusation of being gay is that it's entirely a selective insult. That is, the recipient gets to decide whether or not it's an insult. And often, the ones slinging it (intending it to be an insult) are the ones who would choose to be most insulted were it directed at them.

Not that I'd do anything to stop you guys from this silly activity. In fact, I encourage it.

Tugena
02-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Actually, speaking as a straight, goateed individual in Dallas I can assure that that it is not some form of vagina envy. There is a very functional purpose to it. It acts like velcro when one is slipping his tongue into the holiest of holies.

drewjustdrew
02-23-2005, 02:59 PM
sounds more like a hygiene problem...velcro? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Easy E
02-23-2005, 05:48 PM
I was going to rip into you with a "who the [censored] cares?" but that was pretty amusing and saved you from my wrath

lighterjobs
02-23-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shut up

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

johnnybeef
02-23-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shut up

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

drewjustdrew
02-23-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shut up

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused when people do this. Are they telling the people making comments to shut up, or are they telling the person who said shut up to shut up? (Legitimate question). If it's the former, I think they just want to bump, but not seem like they want to perpetuate the inappropriate conversation.

lighterjobs
02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shut up

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused when people do this. Are they telling the people making comments to shut up, or are they telling the person who said shut up to shut up? (Legitimate question). If it's the former, I think they just want to bump, but not seem like they want to perpetuate the inappropriate conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

shut up

drewjustdrew
02-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Still don't get it.

lighterjobs
02-23-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

knifeandfork
02-24-2005, 12:53 AM
as in all things poke "it depends"

Iron Tigran
02-24-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... He broke up with her for various reasons ... He's also still young and lives a lifestyle that keeps him away from loved ones and dictates odd hours. She very well may have wanted to have kids in the very near future and with his schedule it would be unfair to his children to maintain it, and he probably wants to keep this schedule for the next few years. there are probably more reasons then the one you want to think of

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense to me, but see Daniel's own words:
PokerLizard: Obligatory PokerLizard Question: If you were Matt Damon in "Rounders" how long would it have taken you to kick your girlfriend to the curb and get with Famke Janssen?

Daniel: Honestly I don't think I would have kicked her to the curb at all. She seemed like a good woman and was probably a better fit for him. It was his dishonesty that lost her. I probably would have quit playing poker if it would mean the relationship. A game is not more important than a woman you love.

http://www.pokerlizard.com/interviews/daniel.htm

drewjustdrew
02-24-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Daniel: Honestly I don't think I would have kicked her to the curb at all. She seemed like a good woman and was probably a better fit for him. It was his dishonesty that lost her. I probably would have quit playing poker if it would mean the relationship. A game is not more important than a woman you love.

http://www.pokerlizard.com/interviews/daniel.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough quote considering his recent relationship event.

ThaHero
02-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Daniel N. talks about being hit on by a gay man in his most recent blog at www.FullContactPoker.com (http://www.FullContactPoker.com)

I find this kinda funny since this post came up yesterday and now he got hit on today, near the Beverly Center in L.A. A lot of gay men frequent that area too, so I believe his story 100%(not that he has any reason to lie about it)

CrazyN8
02-26-2005, 11:58 PM
http://www.cardplayer.com/negreanu-blog/?PHPSESSID=8f2e2664eb9a2c8b8c50da150d941d29

Very stange timing, indeed.

TPL
02-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Why do you care? Need a date to your prom?

Other thread response (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1813393&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

KenProspero
02-27-2005, 04:26 PM
And I should care? Why?

Tacjedi
02-27-2005, 05:30 PM
I can’t comment on whether or not he is gay, but his skills at poker may be the biggest clue. Most heterosexual men can’t understand women at all. (I don’t know why they think the way they do) They simply can’t get a read on women. Most poker players are men, and being gay might make it more difficult to understand them. Dan is good at poker so he must be able to get a read on other players. The converse of this is that perhaps his success is related to the other players not being able to get a read on him…lol.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sundevils21
02-28-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shut up

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]