PDA

View Full Version : successive 10/20 hands

girgy44
02-22-2005, 05:38 PM
These were 2 straight hands real early in the session, no reads whatsoever.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Tried to catch a bluff on the river, good idea? Any problems elsewhere in the hand. And please don't say fold pre flop I am trying to LAG it up a little more and I am pretty confident with that play.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Turn check is my only real question here.

bds
02-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Hand 1: [ QUOTE ]
And please don't say fold pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be most unusual to fold the BB preflop without a raise LOL.

I play both hands the same.

DrGutshot
02-23-2005, 03:52 PM
I really dont like the river check in hand one. If you're capping the flop and betting the turn, you're doing it because you think you're ahead. There's no reason to think your opponent sucked out with the backdoor flush here. I probably just call after the flop 3bet, but given the way you played it you gotta bet the river.

Hand 2 I play the same.

-DrG

ISF
02-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Hand 1: I would slow down after the threebet, maybe stop n go a non club turn. Easy river value bet.
Hand 2: I usually play this the same. There are some opponents that are relatively passive and routinly peel one off on the flop and fold the turn thatI bet this turn against, but sans read I play it the same.

SGS
02-23-2005, 04:42 PM
He figured the guy for a busted flush draw and was trying to pick off a bluff from him. If the guy is on a flush draw a bet will get him to fold, checking allows him to try and bluff. I kinda like it.

SGS

rory
02-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Hand #1: I like check-calling the whole way.

Hand #2: I like to just complete preflop. Playing the way you did I would bet the turn too. If he had top pair he probably would have raised on the flop.

Grisgra
02-23-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm . . . what's the advantage over check-call, check-call, bet? And let's say the board is as it was here -- well, maybe a little less scary -- what do you think about checkraising the river?

Just seems like he should be able to get a little more money out of top pair ok kicker than 1.5BB (which is the risk with check/calling all the way down).

Jeff W
02-23-2005, 05:48 PM
1. I typically bet out on the flop. If I check/raised, I would call the 3bet and let UTG have the lead.

I don't like the river check in your line. Why let him have a free showdown when his probable hand is a worse ten or busted flush draw?

2. I usually bet the turn, but the turn check is okay.

Rory:

Completing AKo pre flop is much more -EV than defending K8s against a 2+2er. I wish we could forget all of these exhausting, repetitive pre flop discussions.

helpmeout
02-23-2005, 07:34 PM
1. Need some kind of read, at least PT stats.

I like check/calling this to encourage him to bet a weaker hand or minimise your losses when you are behind.

If you had a read then you could checkraise the turn or bet out on the river.

2. Turn check is fine, it really depends on his range of hands though. If he is at least an average player he probably wont have a 4 or a 5 and with 2 9s on the board its less likely he has one of those.

RunDownHouse
02-23-2005, 07:39 PM
I also lead out the flop in the first hand. No reason to tie the button into the pot.

girgy44
02-23-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He figured the guy for a busted flush draw and was trying to pick off a bluff from him. If the guy is on a flush draw a bet will get him to fold, checking allows him to try and bluff. I kinda like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was trying to do. I like this play, buy no one else seems to agree.

girgy44
02-23-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand your logic here. I am quite lost as to why I would not raise the flop w/ TPGK. Please enlighten me.