PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets

Tyler Durden
02-22-2005, 05:21 PM
This will be my third season w/ Washington Redskins tickets. I just received the invoice in the mail. Payment is due March 15th.

Eleven games (preseason included), 2 seats in the upper level is costing me $892. I don't really think this is a bad price b/c the Skins are one of the hottest tickets in pro sports. They've been sold out here since the 1960s.

Problem is, they suck soooo much ass lately. I only went to one game each of the last two seasons b/c they were so bad and I just sold the rest.

I'm frustrated b/c it seems like if I give them up I'll never get a chance to get them again. I got on the waiting list when I was 7 years old. 15 years later my name came up.

So yea, I'm going to renew. It just bugs me b/c they're such a poor team since 1991.

End of whining.

MarkL444
02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got on the waiting list when I was 7 years old. 15 years later my name came up.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have inspired me to get on the lions waiting list

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Don't a lot of people turn profits on their season tickets and/or essentially go to a couple games for free after selling the others? Aside from the hassle of finding people to buy them, I'd say this isn't a bad problem to have.

istewart
02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
They're great to get from friends and such. You know, Woody, Jack, Spike.

Tyler Durden
02-22-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't a lot of people turn profits on their season tickets and/or essentially go to a couple games for free after selling the others? Aside from the hassle of finding people to buy them, I'd say this isn't a bad problem to have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, tho last season a bunch of friends wanted to buy them and I couldn't really scalp them to friends. But this time I'm going to sell almost all of the games that I don't go to. For a profit.

Tyler Durden
02-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Oh yea, they only accept Mastercard. Bastards. I don't have one. I just use a Visa and I don't need more than one credit card.

Okay maybe now I'm done whining. Maybe.

Momo
02-22-2005, 06:15 PM
How do you have 11 games? You play 2 home preseason games, and 8 home regular season games. I say you stick with the tickets. I've had season tickets to my Chargers for the last 15 years and have never sold or missed a game. If you support your team, stick with them through the highs and lows.

CCass
02-22-2005, 11:31 PM
I have season tickets to the Titans, I got my bill today also. $520 per seat (lower level, between the goal-line and the back corner of the end-zone). And the Titans practically gutted their roster today. Wooot!!!!!!!

Jurollo
02-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Skins are going to release Coles this week too, season tickets just became -EV after losing those 90 catches /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
~Justin

holeplug
02-23-2005, 12:23 AM
If I waited that long just to get season tickets I think I would just go to the games. I mean theres only 8 of them a year. If not then I would just sell them to whoever and hop back on the bandwagon again when they are good.

Brain
02-23-2005, 12:26 AM
My friends and I got on the Jets' list in college. We figured by the time we make it to the top, we'll be forty and (hopefully) able to afford them then.

02-23-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I got on the Jets' list in college. We figured by the time we make it to the top, we'll be forty and (hopefully) able to afford them then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck. We spent 27 years on the Giants' waiting list (1976-2003), but we actually got tickets.

Bulldog
02-23-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got on the waiting list when I was 7 years old. 15 years later my name came up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obligatory

"The Lions have a waiting list?"

post.

MarkL444
02-23-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obligatory

post.

[/ QUOTE ]

obligatory "you have no idea what youre talking about but think youre funny" post

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-23-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obligatory

post.

[/ QUOTE ]

obligatory "you have no idea what youre talking about but think youre funny" post

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, though. They do?

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Actually, people from Detroit are strangely proud of being from Detroit and they're actually very good fans for their teams. I am a bit surprised that there'd be a very large waiting list for Lions season tickets, though.

MarkL444
02-23-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, people from Detroit are strangely proud of being from Detroit and they're actually very good fans for their teams. I am a bit surprised that there'd be a very large waiting list for Lions season tickets, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

new stadium (actually in det now), team on the up, mooch, plus maybe the superbowl being here has aroused some interest.

talked to a friend who has tickets and he thinks the wait is around 6 yrs

gvibes
02-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Lions tickets are actually a pretty tough one.

I'm waiting until I've been working a few years so I can get my Bears personal seat licenses.

Bears tickets are a fortune, and they have had only one winning season in like ten years.

Bears tickets are a hell of a lot pricier though. Minimum of roughly 80 a seat, I think. (so, roughly 14-1500 for the regular season).

Clarkmeister
02-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Why do you care that they suck? You are obviously a fair weather fan who got tickets just as a status symbol. What's the big deal?

Tyler Durden
02-23-2005, 01:59 PM
That's only kind of it. The stadium is over an hour away and a major pain to get to, even by Metro. When they play horrendously I'd rather watch on tv.

meep_42
02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
I hate the cold, but I got on the Redskins' list anyway, too. :P

But, now may be moving to Phoenix... so I can go to all the Cardinals games I want! Yay.

-d

Bulldog
02-23-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obligatory

post.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lions suck, and until they dump Millen, they always will.