PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with my fold?

AtticusFinch
02-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t990)
SB (t1815)
BB (t2280)
UTG (t1310)
MP1 (t1470)
MP2 (t1305)
CO (t830)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t700

curtains
02-22-2005, 04:10 PM
I think folding is fine.

onthebutton
02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
You're on the 2nd shortest stack here. I don't know if you can wait for a better hand with blinds at this level. I'd push all-in.

EDIT NOTE: Misread this at first, sorry.

MarkL444
02-22-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're on the 2nd shortest stack here, with the blinds coming up. You're going to be at 690 after the blinds. I don't know if you can wait for a better hand. I'd push all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes the button

AtticusFinch
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're on the 2nd shortest stack here, with the blinds coming up. You're going to be at 690 after the blinds. I don't know if you can wait for a better hand. I'd push all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes the button

[/ QUOTE ]

And there are still a lot of players left.

jcm4ccc
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
absolutely. UTG is trying to suck you in. Resist the force.

poboys
02-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Read on UTG? Normally, min raises from tight players UTG are big trouble--screams I want a caller. If the guy's loosy, then I'd push.

I don't like the fact that the two biggest stacks are to your left. Big stacks tend to defend more than the medium stacks (who are just trying to survive).

I think that the fact there are a lot of players left is a reason to be more aggressive. Doubling up puts you in a much better situation to finish ITM.

How many hands are left at this level? If there are few left, then I'd be more likely to push, if the level just went up, then I'd consider folding.

Slim Pickens
02-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't know... at the 11's, the min raise means one of two things:

1) AA, KK, QQ, JJ or AK: dark forces
2) Something weaker than AJs, or at best a race. A lot of low PP's and KQo's will be played this way because people don't know better.

I don't expect to see anything marginally better than AJs that dominates you, like AQo. Forget his pot odds for a second, if you push, UTG is left with 320 chips to immediately post blinds. He's nervous about the upcoming blinds. His utility on those 590 chips to call you is pretty darn high. Why should he not take a weak stab at the pot with a weak hand and hope no one is smart enough to make him pay for it? If his VPIP is over 30%, and especially if PFR&gt;10%, I push this and pray to SpongeBob I don't get called. Make him figure out you don't have aces.

None of the abve may be applicable to higher levels. I wouldn't know. Anyway, folding is fine, certainly if you think your opponent has an 80+ IQ, but just because you see free cheese doesn't mean it's a mousetrap.

Slim

The Yugoslavian
02-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Has UTG been min-raising a lot? Or at all? Better yet, has he min-raised and then backed down to a push by a stack that could cripple him?

Unless I have strong reason to believe he is capable of folding here a decent % of the time when I go over the top I'm folding this hand.

A more interesting question is what to do with AQ and/or a hand like 88-JJ (which are not all created equal).

Yugoslav

AtticusFinch
02-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Ok, general consensus seems to be:

1) Pushing may be warranted by a read
2) Folding is not bad in any case

To answer various questions, the player was moderate, not super tight or loose. It was the first time he had min-raised. It smelled like a trap to me so I mucked.

I might well have mucked even if it didn't smell like a trap. I'd much rather open push later, even with a (much) worse hand.