PDA

View Full Version : 75s multiway from BB

CheckFold
02-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Hi all, this is my first mid stakes post, from a 5-5 game last friday at Ocean's 11. This is my first time playing the game, and I have only played in $500+ buy in games two other times in my life. The game seems fantastic, but I've been sitting for about 4 1/2 hours and have picked up very few playable hands, won no pots >$100 and have been mostly blinded to about $350.

OK, 9 handed game. A decent player raises to $20 UTG, called in 5 spots to me in the BB with 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I call.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I check, UTG bets $75, only a loose pretty bad player calls in LP, mumbling something about coming here to gamble, and I call.

Turn is 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I push for my last $250 or so. Comments on all streets are welcome.

Yeti
02-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Preflop is standard.

Check raise allin on the flop.

Usagi_yo
02-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Everything seems okay for that game at O'11. I play it regularly and it's not unusual to have 5-6 callers from an UTG raiser who raised to $20 or $25. There are alot of LAGS and LAPS that play at night there. All you have to do is identify the nut-peddlers and you can make a living at that game if you don't get carried away trying to score $3,000 every night.

The $2/$3 blind $200 buy-in is shaping up pretty good too.

I avoid hands like 75s in the blinds and early position because I don't like getting broke on such inferior hands. I almost hate making them and rather flop and open end straight draw with flush draw -- and betting people out of the pot with 'em.

betgo
02-22-2005, 05:38 PM
I agree with this. With that many players in the flop a suited gapper is worth a call. Your hand is strong enough and the money is shallow enough to checkraise allin on the flop.

Once you make the flush, I might make a smaller bet than push. However, the push does protect your hand from another club.

CheckFold
02-22-2005, 07:27 PM
I like the checkraise all in on the flop advice. I strongly considered it, but opted not to because of the loose aggressive dynamic of the game and what I considered to be very very little fold equity.

If I know that I'm going to be called, is the checkraise all in on the flop still the best line?

Kaz The Original
02-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Not if you'll get paid off if you hit, unless you're going to be called by a non pair hand.

betgo
02-22-2005, 07:37 PM
You are probably ahead of top pair or an overpair plus the dead money in the pot. It should be profitable. If you think there is a good chance someone has a set some other real strong hand, pushing may not be good.

There is a question whether calling is more profitable. This may not be an easy hand to play on later streets. If the game is aggressive and/or you think your opponents have good hands, what do you do if you call, you don't make a flush, two pair, or trips, and someone pushes on the turn?

CheckFold
02-22-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the game is aggressive and/or you think your opponents have good hands, what do you do if you call, you don't make a flush, two pair, or trips, and someone pushes on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I put UTG on a top pair or overpair type hand and really couldn't put the other guy on anything based on what I'd seen of him so far. My plan was to open push on the turn with any card that improved my hand or improved my draw (3,4,5,7,8,9 or any club), check call any A,K, or 2 and probably check fold to a large bet if the J or 6 paired. I thought if I had any chance of making them fold to my draw, it was going to be on the turn and not the flop.

radioheadfan
02-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Given the action an all-in check raise on the flop here is the best play in my opinion, even if you know you're opponents are prone to call.

Takes balls to pull the trigger though.