PDA

View Full Version : Live v. Online situation with sfer

RustedCorpse
02-22-2005, 03:07 PM
4/8 Live

BB:Loose Passive player
UTG: Tight old player (the type who lifts the cards off the table) but will snap you off with a check raise from time to time.

UTG calls folded to Me two off the button with
Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I raise
Sfer Folds
SB folds
BB Calls
UTG Limper Calls

Flop is
J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks
UTG checks
I bet
Called all around

Turn K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Check
Check

What's your line here? Sfer and I had a debate about the difference in this situation online and live.

sfer
02-22-2005, 03:09 PM
You had black Queens, I thought.

DMBFan23
02-22-2005, 03:12 PM
seems like a good time to "bet hands with no outs", especially since the old man is tight. one might ask what he called your flop bet with, but that could be many hands.

I bet this online too.

MaxPower
02-22-2005, 03:17 PM
If my queens were red, I would bet, if they are black, I would check.

The difference for me would be in a live game I would bet the red queens and probably fold to a raise from the tight old man, but online I might just go to a showdown if I am checkraised.

RustedCorpse
02-22-2005, 03:18 PM
No cause I remeber that we said if I had the queen of spades it would have been a simple decsion to bet.

RustedCorpse
02-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Sfer stated that I should have bet. I wore a skirt and thought to check and pick off a possible bluff on the river.

River 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bet out
UTG fold
I called

BB shows pocket T's

sfer
02-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Then either I was smoking something or my memory isn't working.

Evan
02-22-2005, 04:56 PM
I agree with whoever mentioned the HEPFAP idea of betting hands w/o outs. Not to mention you still have the best hand usually.

sfer
02-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Crap I'm dumb. Now I remember the hand and both opponents. Sorry, this is read specific but you should bet the turn and the river. These two will never checkraise and neither will have a King very often. UTG was the blind old guy and the BB was the mousy middle aged guy with the hat and the moustache. Yeah, bet both, and I must have been very tired at the time.