PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo -- only one way to settle this -- VOTE HERE

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 01:50 PM
OK, after a good selection of responses, I've selected the 10 that seemed to appear most frequently, so vote for 1 and only 1.
Selection Criteria: If you could own only a single original Nintendo game, which one of the following would it be? Winner to be annointed after 200 votes.

Shajen
02-22-2005, 01:51 PM
this poll is totally unfair.

It's like asking which testicle I'd be willing to part with.

The entire list rocks.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-22-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this poll is totally unfair.

It's like asking which testicle I'd be willing to part with.

The entire list rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I need one of those nerd dice with 123496743967 different sides so I can just roll it and let it pick for me.

The Dude
02-22-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Winner to be annointed after 200 votes.

[/ QUOTE ]
This poll won't get nearly that much interest - especially considering how divided the votes are likely to be.

Soul Daddy
02-22-2005, 01:56 PM
NHL '94 is a SNES/Genesis game. There is an entire sub thread in the OG thread about this.

SackUp
02-22-2005, 02:00 PM
How the hell is Contra not on this list?

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I scanned the replies to my previous query and picked these 10, so blow me.

The Dude
02-22-2005, 02:04 PM
How am I the only one to vote for Baseball Stars after about 25 votes? Criminal.

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Winner to be annointed after 200 votes.

[/ QUOTE ]
This poll won't get nearly that much interest - especially considering how divided the votes are likely to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...23 votes in the first 10 minutes of being posted. i beg to differ.

The Dude
02-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Wanna put money on it? I got $100 says no option gets over 200 votes - no artificial voting allowed.

stabn
02-22-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How am I the only one to vote for Baseball Stars after about 25 votes? Criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take any of these over baseball stars:

Super Mario Bros. 3
MegaMan 2
Zelda
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Tecmo Bowl (Super or original)
Metroid
TMNT: Arcade

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wanna put money on it? I got $100 says no option gets over 200 votes - no artificial voting allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I had meant 200 votes total, not a race to 200...but i think the 'race' system works better -- ok, let's make it first option to reach 100 votes...even that I think is a little high, but we'll get there in a day or 2

stabn
02-22-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of contra does put the validity of the poll into question. I mean, who the [censored] doesn't still remember the cheat codes to that one?

The Dude
02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Deal. Should we set the timer for 4 days? 1pm ET Feb 26.

Note: I would not have made my initial comment had I thought you meant 200 total votes - and, after reading your post again, it seems clear enough to me.

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of contra does put the validity of the poll into question. I mean, who the [censored] doesn't still remember the cheat codes to that one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, fact is that Contra simply didn't get as much love as these games in the previous post -- that's why it's not here. I'm sure you're not the only ppl whose fav game was left off this list. Hey, if I had may way, I'd put Blades of Steel on the list, but since it only got a few 'ayes' in the previous post, it ain't here. Get over it.

Dead
02-22-2005, 02:20 PM
If I could own only one, it would have to be Super Mario Brothers 1.

I just love that game. I used to have dreams about jumping on the mushrooms when I was 6 or 7.

jar
02-22-2005, 02:21 PM
I voted for SMB3 because of the wording of the question. If it was "which is the best", Final Fantasy would give it a run for its money. I don't really feel the need to replay FF yet another time, whereas I still need to take on my girlfriend in SMB3. (We both played the game a TON as kids, but that was long before we met eachother.)

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Deal. Should we set the timer for 4 days? 1pm ET Feb 26.

Note: I would not have made my initial comment had I thought you meant 200 total votes - and, after reading your post again, it seems clear enough to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

not for $100 bones...but as a friendly pissing contest, sure -- i'll betcha one option gets to 100 votes by 2/26 1pm. no phony voting.

housenuts
02-22-2005, 02:22 PM
for the love of god. NHL 94 is not an NES game!

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted for SMB3 because of the wording of the question. If it was "which is the best", Final Fantasy would give it a run for its money. I don't really feel the need to replay FF yet another time, whereas I still need to take on my girlfriend in SMB3. (We both played the game a TON as kids, but that was long before we met eachother.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this was somewhat of a quandry. I didn't want the wording of the question to make voters think of it as a 'stranded on a desert island' question, and hence evaluate the re-playability of all the games for eternity...but then again, that is a fairly important factor in strength of a game: i.e. after i beat SMB1, I had very little interest in ever playing it again...different story for blades of steel, Zelda, etc...

stabn
02-22-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, fact is that Contra simply didn't get as much love as these games in the previous post -- that's why it's not here. I'm sure you're not the only ppl whose fav game was left off this list. Hey, if I had may way, I'd put Blades of Steel on the list, but since it only got a few 'ayes' in the previous post, it ain't here. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually contra isn't my fav game, and i didn't bother posting in the previous thread.

stabn
02-22-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I could own only one, it would have to be Super Mario Brothers 1.

I just love that game. I used to have dreams about jumping on the mushrooms when I was 6 or 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the longest time i only had that and duckhunt. I played hours and hours of those two games and definitely never got bored.

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for the love of god. NHL 94 is not an NES game!

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...yes, that has been made clear by a few ppl...it occupied a lot of space in the previous post, so some ppl seemed to think it was...oh well -- tried to change the poll to replace NHL 94 w/ Contra to appease a few critics, but i can't change the poll

The Dude
02-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Wanna put money on it? I got $100 says no option gets over 200 votes
ok, let's make it first option to reach 100 votes
Deal. Should we set the timer for 4 days?
not for $100 bones

I'm confused. Why did we all of a sudden lose the meat when I came down on my requirements?

And since when does a "friendly pissing contest" not include money?

MrFeelNothin
02-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Baseball Stars was not as good as RBI Baseball.

NHL 94 was SNES, Blades of Steel was a great Nintendo hockey game though.

These are just nitpicks though, no matter what the list is Super Mario Bros is going to win the poll running away.

The Dude
02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Blasphemy! Get the hell off my forums!

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wanna put money on it? I got $100 says no option gets over 200 votes
ok, let's make it first option to reach 100 votes
Deal. Should we set the timer for 4 days?
not for $100 bones

I'm confused. Why did we all of a sudden lose the meat when I came down on my requirements?

And since when does a "friendly pissing contest" not include money?

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, you took my words out of context -- i just meant that winner will be annointed based on which reaches 100 votes first, not that i'd wager on it. ok, i'm done replying to this line of questioning.

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

NHL 94 was SNES, Blades of Steel was a great Nintendo hockey game though.

These are just nitpicks though, no matter what the list is Super Mario Bros is going to win the poll running away.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno...pretty close 3-way right now b/t SMB3, Punchout, TB, w/ zelda not far behind

witeknite
02-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Are you refering to this code?

http://www.gameskins.com/ccp51/media/images/product_detail/code_lg.gif

WiteKnite

bugstud
02-22-2005, 04:43 PM
what other code would even count?!??!@?!?!?!?!?!??!@?!$#!%!#%$@^@$^#%!*^@$@(*

fishfeet
02-22-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I too would have voted for contra. So I had to go with my SECOND favorite.

CCass
02-22-2005, 04:46 PM
After much agonizing, I picked Baseball Stars. Tough to pick between that and Tecmo Bowl.

All others pale in comparison.

Turkish
02-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Agreed, Baseball Stars owned RBI Baseball, and its nowhere near close

SackUp
02-22-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you refering to this code?

http://www.gameskins.com/ccp51/media/images/product_detail/code_lg.gif

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

Booyakasha! Exactly. I'm not sure if Contra was my favorite ever, but it should be on the list and I agree Blades of Steel should be on it as well. And as has been said NHL 94 is not even a game for nintendo.

You just made a crappy poll, so you can BLOW me biatch!

And RBI baseball was pretty damn legit, I think it might take stars as well. I used to play that for hours on end against my cousin. Though now that I think about it, Bases loaded smoked both of them.

And no double dragon??

The OG mario bros. should be on the list as well for integrity. Combined with duck hunt - 2 for one special is hard to beat.

T&C skate and surf was legit.

And how is California Games not on there? A F*cking classic.

Ok ya this poll is a mockery of nintendos greatness. You should basically blow everyone in OOT as an apology.

Soul Daddy
02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
That's silly. There were so many great games for this system it'd be impossible to please everyone. Of course if NHL 94 finishes among the leaders, the results may be a bit suspect.

RBI Baseball has nothing on Stars. The only one that's close is Baseball Simulator 1.000.

Russ McGinley
02-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I will remember U-U-D-D-L-R-L-R-B-A-START long after I go senile and forget important things like my birthday, SSN, address, phone number, etc.

bernie
02-22-2005, 09:39 PM
-

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 09:42 PM
this is missing some very important games. NHL 94??? you htink they were still making NES games in 94?

shant
02-22-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a tough choice between that and Zelda, but I went with Stars.

shant
02-22-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades
02-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Konami puts UUDD... into every game they make, it's even included in MGS3: Snake Eater

siccjay
02-22-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted for it, greatest game EVER!

siccjay
02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
RBI Baseball has nothing on Stars. The only one that's close is Baseball Simulator 1.000.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

teddyFBI
02-22-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is missing some very important games. NHL 94??? you htink they were still making NES games in 94?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been agreed that NHL should have been replaced by Contra in this list -- other than that, I don't see any obvious donks (with the exception of TMNT...perhaps Blades of Steel instead). the NHL 94 voters might as well be voting for NHL 93, which I believe was on NES, no?

I'm not saying there weren't other good games, but i tried to keep it to 10 here, to get some kind of consensus.

The Dude
02-23-2005, 04:12 AM
Bump, because Teddy is coming up miserably short of 100.

[censored]
02-23-2005, 04:15 AM
I went with Tecmo every so slightly over Baseball stars.

The Dude
02-23-2005, 04:18 AM
Anybody recall that in Tecmo Super Bowl, the Patriots were about the worst team you could be? A bit of a contrast from now, eh?

Michael Davis
02-23-2005, 04:21 AM
I remember the QBs for the Pats and Colts (Grogan?) throwing up balloons that were picked half of the time.

-Michael

bernie
02-23-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody recall that in Tecmo Super Bowl, the Patriots were about the worst team you could be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Their TE kicked ass on that one though.

I think Tampa was the worst. God I loved kicking ass with 'em!!! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Go BUCS!!! woo hoooooo

b

Klepton
02-23-2005, 06:45 AM
i believe my avatar says all

teddyFBI
02-23-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump, because Teddy is coming up miserably short of 100.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno...45 votes in the first 20 hrs...we might get there yet...plus a pretty sweet dead heat between SMB3 and Tecmo. I think it's safe to say at this point that the best 3 Nintendo games are SMB3, Tecmo, and Zelda, which I don't think anyone (even the Contra pimps) could argue with.

SackUp
02-23-2005, 02:00 PM
[/ QUOTE ] I think it's safe to say at this point that the best 3 Nintendo games are SMB3, Tecmo, and Zelda, which I don't think anyone (even the Contra pimps) could argue with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Statistical genius and Nintendo guru right here. I love how you say this so matter of factly when there are maybe 200 total votes and the list is lacking. Contra could take Zelda and I think would take some votes away from SM3.

Is all your poll has shown is the obvious...vagina and ass are money and tits are fun, but you left out the mouth which can be better than all at the right time. Hence Blow Me!

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

teddyFBI
02-23-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I think it's safe to say at this point that the best 3 Nintendo games are SMB3, Tecmo, and Zelda, which I don't think anyone (even the Contra pimps) could argue with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Statistical genius and Nintendo guru right here. I love how you say this so matter of factly when there are maybe 200 total votes and the list is lacking. Contra could take Zelda and I think would take some votes away from SM3.

Is all your poll has shown is the obvious...vagina and ass are money and tits are fun, but you left out the mouth which can be better than all at the right time. Hence Blow Me!

[/ QUOTE ]

sure buddy. there are about 3 contra would-be voters here and 3 more in the OG thread. So suck on it. Welcome to my ignore list.

Reef
02-23-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ya, you bastard

SackUp
02-23-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure buddy. there are about 3 contra would-be voters here and 3 more in the OG thread. So suck on it. Welcome to my ignore list.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were the first one to be so quick with the calls and telling me to blow you for questioning your sub par poll. If you can't accept some critism then that is unfortunate. I would have been a little nicer about it, but you took off the gloves so I wasn't about to pull punches. Hey, the truth is hard to handle sometimes though, so if you don't like it, then maybe you should ignore me. Closing your eyes and ears...the life on ignorant bliss!

thatpfunk
02-23-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Tampa was the worst. God I loved kicking ass with 'em!!! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Go BUCS!!! woo hoooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved playing as TB. Reggie Cobb was a beast!

Jake (The Snake)
02-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Anybody recall that the Giants kicked ass?

L.T. PIZOWNERERDDRERERD

Soul Daddy
02-23-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody recall that the Giants kicked ass?

[/ QUOTE ]
I recall this being the case in the OG for sure. Not so much Super Bowl.

The Dude
02-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Bump. Keep voting guys.

thatpfunk
02-24-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no clue what you are talking about. The Giants were coming off a Super Bowl win. Otis Anderson, Phil Simms, and the entire D was good.

Soul Daddy
02-24-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no clue what you are talking about. The Giants were coming off a Super Bowl win. Otis Anderson, Phil Simms, and the entire D was good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are correct. I was thinking of the Bears.

bernie
02-24-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Giants were coming off a Super Bowl win. Otis Anderson, Phil Simms,

[/ QUOTE ]

So good that even Mr. Simms...aka speedy...smoked me for an 80 yard run to win the game when he decided his on his rollout pass that he'd tuck it and go. He even outran my cornerback, pulling away from him.

b

Isura
02-24-2005, 04:31 AM
Definitly Tecmo, with Super Mario 1 a close second.
Not including Mario 1 is an injustice.

Reef
02-24-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Not including Mario 1 is an injustice.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. I think Mario 3 just edges Mario 1 b/c of the extra functionability of mario/ graphics/ complexity of levels.

Isura
02-24-2005, 04:57 AM
I never really played Mario 3 much, although I remember the graphics were nicer. But beating Mario 1 start to finish (no skiping levels) is still a nice challenge.

The Dude
02-24-2005, 04:57 AM
Super Mario Bros. 1 was the most innovative video game in the 8-bit world, but it's definately not the best.

The Dude
02-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Come on, guys. How we gonna get to 100 votes if this thing keeps falling to page 2?

DCJ311
02-24-2005, 11:40 AM
This poll is clearly flawed because it does not include River City Ransom. That being said however, I voted for Final Fantasy.

MEbenhoe
02-24-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bases Loaded owned both those games.

The Dude
02-24-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jurassic Park
Independence Day
Signs
Gladiator
American Pie
Dumb and Dumber
High Fidelity

[/ QUOTE ]
You are quite possibly the dumbest person alive.

nolanfan34
02-24-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, good god.

MEbenhoe
02-24-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jurassic Park
Independence Day
Signs
Gladiator
American Pie
Dumb and Dumber
High Fidelity

[/ QUOTE ]
You are quite possibly the dumbest person alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet personal preference in video games and movies make me the dumbest person alive? This should probably go in the movie thread, but you defintely need to give reasons why none of those movies belong on the consideration list, note none of them were actually listed in my top 5.

The Dude
02-24-2005, 12:37 PM
My motivation for bumping this thread has changed. I no longer care if any of the choices make it to 100 votes. Rather, I want more people to see your dumb-ass comments.

mr pink
02-24-2005, 12:39 PM
wheres ice hockey? or contra? wtf

MEbenhoe
02-24-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My motivation for bumping this thread has changed. I no longer care if any of the choices make it to 100 votes. Rather, I want more people to see your dumb-ass comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

fu[/i]ck you dude. I've respected you as a poster until now but this is just dumb. You're in the wrong on this one whether you want to admit it or not.

nolanfan34
02-24-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fu[/i]ck you dude. I've respected you as a poster until now but this is just dumb. You're in the wrong on this one whether you want to admit it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys should take the movie argument back to that thread, but suggesting that Bases Loaded is better than Stars or RBI is nuts!

MEbenhoe
02-24-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys should take the movie argument back to that thread, but suggesting that Bases Loaded is better than Stars or RBI is nuts!

[/ QUOTE ]

it may be nuts, but as a little kid I liked playing bases loaded. It was probably my favorite video game back then. Because of this I'm the dumbest person ever?

nolanfan34
02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it may be nuts, but as a little kid I liked playing bases loaded. It was probably my favorite video game back then. Because of this I'm the dumbest person ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think you're dumb. Just wrong. I recognize the difference. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

To me, the major advantage of the three games is as follows:

RBI Baseball - Nolan Ryan on the Astros, and had real Major League players.

Baseball Stars - Customizable (which was pretty unique back then). You could create and name any player you wanted, which was pretty sweet. By far the easiest gameplay of the three.

Bases Loaded - You could bean someone and start a brawl.

Due to those factors, I rank Bases Loaded #3.

MEbenhoe
02-24-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think you're dumb. Just wrong. I recognize the difference. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to admit I'm probably wrong in regards to the general population, but hell if I wouldn't love to be able to still play bases loaded.

nolanfan34
02-24-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to admit I'm probably wrong in regards to the general population, but hell if I wouldn't love to be able to still play bases loaded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Emulator. You could be playing it like 10 min from now.

MEbenhoe
02-24-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Emulator. You could be playing it like 10 min from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Where do I get it? and How does it work?

teddyFBI
02-24-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wheres ice hockey? or contra? wtf

[/ QUOTE ]\

Ice hockey was discussed in the original thread - go look for it. It received some love and strategy discussion i.e. fat guys vs. skinny guys, but not as much love as the above.

Known shortcomings of the poll: NHL 94 should be NHL 93, and TMNT should have been replaced by Contra (but it wouldn't let me change the choices after I posted it)

The Dude
02-24-2005, 09:15 PM
MEbenhoe,

I have a question for you. Why do you take it so personally when someone attacks your personal preferences? You made two posts about your personal preferences that I happen to find so far removed from mine that, in context of OOTia, caused me to dub you, for the moment, "quite possibly the dumbest person alive." If you like those movies and that game that much, who the hell cares what other people think. And not just any other people, but other people from all over the world that you've never even met? Hell, my friends give me a hard time for occaisionally playing the computer game Civilization II when there are obviously much better role playing games out now. But what do I care what they think I should play?

And just so you don't think I'm being unfair, I am as willing to make fun of myself as anyone else, as this post shows (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1025839&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#1025839).

Why can't we just call each other stupid without taking it personally?

nolanfan34
02-24-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And just so you don't think I'm being unfair, I am as willing to make fun of myself as anyone else, as this post shows (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1025839&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#1025839).

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic link. The What Hand thread is the best.

I agree with the rest of your post, I have met The Dude, and The Dude is a funny guy who likes to bust people's chops (like calling them a gine multiple times), he's not being mean spirited.

stabn
02-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Dude, i missed those. Hilarious /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

The Dude
02-24-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Dude is a funny guy who likes to bust people's chops (like calling them a gine multiple times)

[/ QUOTE ]
What can I say? Some of you make it easier for me than others.

Russ McGinley
02-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Whenever I see The Dude post, I want to go watch TBL.

Also, to the guy asking where to find ROMs and sh<font color="black"></font>it, Google "NES roms".

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

nolanfan34
02-24-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Dude is a funny guy who likes to bust people's chops (like calling them a gine multiple times)

[/ QUOTE ]
What can I say? Some of you make it easier for me than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I have never denied that. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MEbenhoe
02-25-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MEbenhoe,

I have a question for you. Why do you take it so personally when someone attacks your personal preferences? You made two posts about your personal preferences that I happen to find so far removed from mine that, in context of OOTia, caused me to dub you, for the moment, "quite possibly the dumbest person alive." If you like those movies and that game that much, who the hell cares what other people think. And not just any other people, but other people from all over the world that you've never even met? Hell, my friends give me a hard time for occaisionally playing the computer game Civilization II when there are obviously much better role playing games out now. But what do I care what they think I should play?

And just so you don't think I'm being unfair, I am as willing to make fun of myself as anyone else, as this post shows (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1025839&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1#1025839).

Why can't we just call each other stupid without taking it personally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, no hard feelings. I understand now how you meant it to sound. I have no problem with someone ripping on my personal preferences, however the way you went about it just rubbed me the wrong way because instead of disagreeing with my preferences both posts were made as personal attacks on me. Maybe I'm dumb for caring what some person I've never met thinks about me but I did. It also could have had something to do with the fact that I was pretty sure I had just had a subpar test and still had a 5 page paper I had to write that was due today so I was a little stressed out as well.

soah
02-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Tetris doesn't even make the list? Hmm.

Isura
02-25-2005, 01:32 AM
I think it wasn't originally made for the NES?

PokerChic
02-25-2005, 02:50 AM
up ,up, down, down ,left ,right, left, right abab select

start . hey what about mario 1, duck hunt, rc proam;

which was the first race car game for nintendo.. they sell

a package now with all the old games. does anyone remember

Mappy..

ilovemyZ
02-25-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
which was the first race car game for nintendo.. they sell

a package now with all the old games. does anyone remember

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't this Rad racer? I know spy hunter wasn't a racing game, but stll badass.

Bulbarainey
02-25-2005, 09:03 AM
i cried for super mario 3 when i was in kindergarten

The Dude
02-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, Super Mario 3 was the first thing more expensive than candy that I ever bought with my own money.

MEbenhoe
02-25-2005, 03:07 PM
so nolanfan hooked me up with the emulator, and since I've been hooked on another one of my old favorites, excitebike.

Currently dominating those courses. I love this, not sure if I'll ever play poker again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Dude
02-27-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
100 votes...even that I think is a little high, but we'll get there in a day or 2

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmm.

teddyFBI
02-27-2005, 10:59 PM
yep, it's over.

&lt;falls on own sword&gt;

[censored]
02-27-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yep, it's over.

&lt;falls on own sword&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]