PDA

View Full Version : no masturbation for a year for $2.3M?

asofel
02-22-2005, 01:29 PM
In light of the pokerstars 'no sex for a year' poll...How much money would you need to last a year...

BusterStacks
02-22-2005, 01:30 PM
before or after taxes?

Fratony
02-22-2005, 01:37 PM
If i have a girlfriend or more importantly, something to bang for the entire year, i would have no problem doing it for 50,000. However, if that wasnt the case and i was on my own, I probably wouldnt be able to last, no matter how much money was on the line. Of course either way its worth the attempt.

wacki
02-22-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If i have a girlfriend or more importantly, something to bang for the entire year, i would have no problem doing it for 50,000. However, if that wasnt the case and i was on my own, I probably wouldnt be able to last, no matter how much money was on the line. Of course either way its worth the attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

astroglide
02-22-2005, 01:40 PM
is this no sex and no masturbation, or just no masturbation?

Shajen
02-22-2005, 01:45 PM
easily, for 50k. I'm not a spank monster like it appears everyone else here is.

tdarko
02-22-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this needs to be clarified b/c there is a HUGE difference!

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-22-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this needs to be clarified b/c there is a HUGE difference!

[/ QUOTE ]
Especially for us newlyweds.

TimM
02-22-2005, 01:53 PM
How would they know if you cheated?

asofel
02-22-2005, 02:21 PM
clarification is definintely needed:

the deal would be no sex, no self pleasuring.
I'm expecting a lot of "its not possible and its not even close" answers, but think about it...a couple mil is an awful lot of money...

Fratony
02-22-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
clarification is definintely needed:

I'm expecting a lot of "its not possible and its not even close" answers, but think about it...a couple mil is an awful lot of money...

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was the case i doubt i could do it. I would probably end up jerking off in my sleep or something.

TimM
02-22-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You would start to have wet dreams again after a few weeks or months.

chaas4747
02-22-2005, 02:31 PM
The new rules established there is no way I could do it, and I seriously doubt that most people could.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-22-2005, 02:37 PM
For millions, I think I could do it.

Zoltri
02-22-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm the master of my domain...could easily do it for $50k.

DMBFan23
02-22-2005, 02:48 PM
if there were a way to verify results, and I had 150K to blow, I would bet anyone 50K with 3-1 odds against their comleting this task as outlined. I voted that I could do it for 50K at first, but no sex/pleasuring of any kind as well makes it impossible.

JackWilson
02-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Everyone who says "that's so [censored] easy" - If there was a proper way to conduct this little experiment, i'd give about 2-1 odds against.

I think it'd be almost as hard as giving up smack.

EDIT: lol, someone's offering better odds than me already.

asofel
02-22-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if there were a way to verify results, and I had 150K to blow, I would bet anyone 50K with 3-1 odds against their comleting this task as outlined. I voted that I could do it for 50K at first, but no sex/pleasuring of any kind as well makes it impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll take that. let me just jet over to tibet real quick and grab a monk...

Alobar
02-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I think its good in theory to say you could do this. I mean hell id TRY it for like 100K. But actually being able to do it is an entirely different story. It would be prolyl harder than kicking herion.

When I was like 11, I tried to quit cuz I though it was really really bad (god bless the catholics), I mean I REALLY REALLY tried, my record was 27 days. Granted I was younger so my will power might not have been as strong as it is now, and the prospect of money would certainly motivate more so than guilt I would imagine, but still the point remains, it would be incredibly hard (assuming its no sex as well)

Shajen
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
You guys are crazy.

One thing I have learned, and I absolutely believe this:

you can do anything you set your mind to. It just takes discipline.

therefore, for 50k, I'd be a non sex having mo fo.

This is easy.

asofel
02-22-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are crazy.

This is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're right about setting your mind on something and accomplishing a goal...but i think the body's sex drive would win here...

Fratony
02-22-2005, 03:16 PM
It all depends on how your body is conditioned to operate, if you are used to jerking off or having sex daily or every other day, you probably wont last very long doing this. If you arent a sex-fiend or a monk (as previously stated) obviously it will be no big change in your daily/weekly life. I would almost venture to say that its the same as saying could you bench 400lbs for a million dollars, probably not, unless you are used to doing it often. Your body is going to limit what you are capable of.

Alobar
02-22-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are crazy.

This is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to believe you, and think its possible...just would take hella lot more than 50K....hell 50K isnt worth it

Zoltri
02-22-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you're right about setting your mind on something and accomplishing a goal...but i think the body's sex drive would win here...

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do your balls hurt when you have been aroused for an extended period of time?

Bluffoon
02-22-2005, 03:23 PM
250 k should be enough to ensure that someone would be available to provide relief when necessary.

Drac
02-22-2005, 03:23 PM
If you've been married for long you're already accustomed to limited sex so it's just the self help that needs to be curbed. I would never BET I could do it but for a million I'd sure as heck give it a good try. It's like any addiction, the first segment would be a bitch but after that it should be beatable. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fratony
02-22-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why do your balls hurt when you have been aroused for an extended period of time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume you are talking about blue balls. It happens when you get sexually aroused and dont ejaculate. This is because blood (obviously) fills your penis and balls when you are aroused. When you ejaculate the blood flows out of your penis much faster because your body knows "the deed has been done". If you dont ejaculate then the blood flows much slower and can cause aches in the veins and testicles because they may still remain enlarged.

asofel
02-22-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
250 k should be enough to ensure that someone would be available to provide relief when necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, so very true...

Zoltri
02-22-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume you are talking about blue balls. It happens when you get sexually aroused and dont ejaculate. This is because blood (obviously) fills your penis and balls when you are aroused. When you ejaculate the blood flows out of your penis much faster because your body knows "the deed has been done". If you dont ejaculate then the blood flows much slower and can cause aches in the veins and testicles because they may still remain enlarged.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds reasonable to me.
I must admit those are the best orgasms. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

KowCiller
02-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Doesn't the military put some chemical/drug into everyone's food that puts the male arousal on hold while they are in boot camp and/or deployed? If you could get your hands on that stuff, perhaps it would be a cinch.

Just a random thought.

KoW

Fratony
02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
I know pro-hormones, a supplement similar to steroids, kills your labido(sp?). I wouldn't recommend taking it for an entire year though, it might end up seriously [censored] up you.

Shajen
02-22-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't the military put some chemical/drug into everyone's food that puts the male arousal on hold while they are in boot camp and/or deployed? If you could get your hands on that stuff, perhaps it would be a cinch.

Just a random thought.

KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually, this is a myth.

However, you just don't get aroused (even morning wood) while in bootcamp.

The stress is what causes it.

I do know I was sporting wood the entire flight home. My girlfriend at the time had no idea what she was in for.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

youtalkfunny
02-22-2005, 04:24 PM
No one has mentioned age.

As I approach 40, it's sounds easy as pie.

At 19? I wouldn't make to lunchtime.

vegasone
02-22-2005, 04:28 PM
not difficult, if you are allowed to take prozac for a year. that **** will shut you down, quick. not a stirring to be found.

deacsoft
02-22-2005, 04:35 PM
I'd do it for a dollar. My girlfriend and I have a very healthy sex life.

jar
02-22-2005, 04:36 PM
No pleasuring at all makes this take a TON of money. If it were just masturbation, it'd be dead easy. $50k buys a lot of gas to go see my girlfriend.

private joker
02-22-2005, 04:39 PM
When I answered this poll I assumed it was simply no jerking off, so of course that is easy if you're getting laid all the time. But with this clarification of no sex either, then it's really tough. But if monks can do it... I'll give it a shot.

But for 50 grand? Hell no. For a year? That's a small salary to get paid over a year. I want a quarter-mil. For $50,000 a year, you have a mediocre job -- and I don't want people asking me what I do for a living:

"What do you do, Joker?"
"I don't ejaculate."
"Oh yeah? What's that pay?"
"50 grand a year."
"Benefits?"
"Not exactly."
"Wow, next January some poor tube sock is going to get destroyed."
"I could have taken this gig for $250,000."
"Why didn't you?"
"OOT."

asofel
02-22-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No one has mentioned age.

As I approach 40, it's sounds easy as pie.

At 19? I wouldn't make to lunchtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a key point.

and to those talking about taking drugs...no cheating ;-)

Alobar
02-22-2005, 05:14 PM
hahaha, good stuff!

Arsene Lupin III
02-23-2005, 01:02 AM
You are all undervaluing the first orgasm back from the 365 day hiatus.

That alone is worth another $50,000.

-adam

captZEEbo1
02-23-2005, 01:05 AM
I'd do it for probably like $500-1000

Reef
02-23-2005, 01:51 AM
easy as hell. I could do it for 10k

edit: 20k

Matty
02-23-2005, 04:22 AM
I tried it for 2 months once, just to see what would happen. I developed a nervous tick.

I'd go a year for 10k.

nothumb
02-23-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is making me laugh a lot.

I don't think the 50k is worth it unless it's tax free. For 250k I'd do it easily.

I'm still allowed to drink, right? Also, am I allowed to have someone watch me sleep and make sure I don't start beating off or humping my girlfriend in my sleep? I have done both of these more than once.

NT

scotty34
02-23-2005, 04:37 AM
I don't think an exact dollar value like you listed is the correct way to ask this. $50000 to me is far more significant than it would be to many of you. I am in college right now with about $1000 in the bank, and $500 in poker accounts.

$50000 would pay for my entire college tuition for the next 3 years, and I would not even have to work a job over the summer. This is far more than enough motivation for me to give it up for a year. I would also be able to use the leftovers to create a good poker bankroll for myself which is a nice added benefit (I've built up that $500 from $90, but its a long process).

Besides, the rules still allow you to hook up with girls, and pleasure her etc. so you would still get to have some fun.

oreogod
02-23-2005, 04:44 AM
Well everywhere I go I have an Austin Powers musical of hot groupie girls following me around, so I could do it. I could give masterbation up for that long, hell with this many hot girls who would need it.

If you find your heart really still set on the act, just have two of your hot groupie girls jack you off so u dont have to.

Just my 2 cents.

scotty34
02-23-2005, 04:49 AM
The rules were stated in a later post that you cannot be pleasured in any way. I'm assuming this basically means no ejaculation (except for wet dreams, which will begin roughly 2-4 weeks after you begin)

Reef
02-23-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is making me laugh a lot.

I don't think the 50k is worth it unless it's tax free. For 250k I'd do it easily.

I'm still allowed to drink, right? Also, am I allowed to have someone watch me sleep and make sure I don't start beating off or humping my girlfriend in my sleep? I have done both of these more than once.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

if it's ONLY masturbation, this is a walk in the park. GF's are life savers