PDA

View Full Version : Two 15-30 Party hands...Play these stronger or weaker?

ggbman
02-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

I know i put in a lot of raises here, but i didn't think the blind would check TT or JJ preflop, that would be pretty passive. When the turn comes, the only hands i was really thinking about were T6 or J6. What do you guys think, did i go a bit overboard here?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.33 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 14.33 BB

I know my play was bizarre here. How many raises before you put a guy on aces? I picked up the K high flush draw on the turn so i lead out and got raised again. I wasnt sure if the raiser would play queens this way so i decided to bet and call a raise on the river. What do you guys think?

TStoneMBD
02-22-2005, 01:56 PM
hand 1 is perfect.

hand 2 i would have 3bet the flop and led the turn. after youre raised on the turn here id just call and bet-call the river as well.

esspo
02-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Hand 1 - I need to know the numbers on BB. Lots and lots and lots of players won't raise TT or JJ out of the BB after limpers. Like I said, it depends on the numbers, but against an unknown that caps the turn, I check call the river.

Hand 2. 3-bet the flop. I continue to lead from there and call down if I am raised anywhere along the line (this includes if UTG caps the flop).

steveyz
02-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Depends on how aggressive the BB is, but I think there are a lot of players that wouldn't raise their BB with TT. After the turn cap, I'd either bet and call raise or check-call the river. Of course, there are a lot of PP 15 players that way overplay trips with a bad kicker, but unless I have a read that villian here is that type of overagg player, I'd slow down on the river.

tpir90036
02-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Hand #1 seems fine.

Hand #2 though...
[ QUOTE ]
I picked up the K high flush draw on the turn so i lead out and got raised again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this supposed to be some sort of semi-bluff? The odds of you getting a fold on the turn is right around zero. If you think you have the best hand that is one thing... but then you should have 3-bet the flop or 3-bet right here.

DeezNutz3
02-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Hand 1 I would just lead the river and call a raise.

Hand 2 I (like most others who posted) would 3 bet the flop and lead the turn...if I was raised I would just proceed to call down.

TStoneMBD
02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
i think that if you are raised on the turn you have to bet the river. there are too many hands that villain is capable of checking behind here, and it is unlikely that you are beat. villain may have semibluffed the Ad on the turn with the plan of checking down, and will call a river bet. stop and go lines are really one of the best lines you can take against a player with a raise, fold to a 3bet, check behind strategy.