PDA

View Full Version : Erik123 is

09-08-2002, 11:42 PM
the most amazing heads up player I have ever seen. I spend hours a day just watching him play heads up and its improved my game tremendously....ty erik

(i wont reveal your name that u use to play /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

mdlm
09-09-2002, 07:18 AM
Ashok,

Can you give examples of plays that Erik123 has made? And what exactly have you learned from them?

09-09-2002, 03:14 PM
First off, go to WSEX and watch the 1 on 1 tables, i'm sure you will quickly figure out who I'm talking about.

A few key things I've picked up from his play

heads up, position quite possibly is MORE important than your cards

Calling preflop to complete the blind is a weak play

The turn is where you make your laydowns, NEVER the river, and usually not the flop

When utilizing an extremely aggressive strategy (like him), dont try to get too fancy and check flops you hit, or check turns behind so you can trap for 2 bets on the river etc. If the opponent thinks you have a nearly maniacal approach, you will be amazed at what they call you down with.

On the other hand, if you are extremely aggressive, and this person is betting into you (not check raising, a check raise is more often a bluff then a bet it seems, vs an intimidating opponent) then its a sign of huge strength.

NEVER RAISE A HAND PREFLOP THAT YOU ARENT WILLING TO CALL THREE BETS WITH

I'm just summarizing and there is a lot more, I suggest you watch the 1 on 1 high limit tables at WSEX in the morning/afternoon.

09-09-2002, 03:19 PM
this is not to say, dont vary your play...sure sometimes when you hit a HUGE flop or turn and want them to catch up, you can check behind. However, in order for this to work, you will also have to check when you have nothing sometimes. This enables you to sometimes get all the way to the river on a scary board for free

09-09-2002, 10:28 PM
I especially agree with calling from the blind. I think this is a big mistake if you have junk.