PDA

View Full Version : Muckleshoot and other Seattle cardrooms

random@cash
02-22-2005, 12:03 PM
I play 10/20 and the occasionally spread 15/30 at Tulalip and want to move to a more regular game. I've heard that Mucks runs mid-limit games all week even during the day. True ? Are there any other rooms with soft games spread on a regular basis ??? Thanks.

slavic
02-22-2005, 12:48 PM
YOu can find 10/20 or an equivalent at many rooms.

Lil's will probably be the sofest game you find but the Tuallip game isn't tough either.

The muck normally has a 20/40 or 30/60 game that starts around noon and runs to 1 or 2 am on the weekdays. Depending on the lineup it can be fairly tough to insanely 4/8.

boondockst
02-23-2005, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
to insanely 4/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey i play P.J. Pockets' 4/8...it's good for some great late-night laughs.....you guys should have some fun sometime....poker doesn't have to be all business

SCfuji
02-23-2005, 09:39 AM
before i moved back home to cali i used to play at PJs when i went to school. soooofffft game. the only thing that sucks is the smoking.

bobbyi
02-23-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YOu can find 10/20 or an equivalent at many rooms.

Lil's will probably be the sofest game you find but the Tuallip game isn't tough either.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does "many" mean there are more than those? I'm always interested in checking out a new cardroom (provided they have 10/20 or higher), but the only places I know that consistently get decent-sized games are lil's, tulalip and muck. There's the parker's 12/24, but when I showed up, that game wasn't going and they said they don't get it that much. I would go if I knew they would have that game. Are there other 10/20 (or equivalant) games I don't kow about? Anyone have any idea when the Parker's game goes? I went on a Friday night and no game /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Disappointing because it's supposed to be an excellent game (I ended up playing 8/16 when I was there since that was what they had and my game was very very good).

phardwid
02-23-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play 10/20 and the occasionally spread 15/30 at Tulalip and want to move to a more regular game. I've heard that Mucks runs mid-limit games all week even during the day. True ? Are there any other rooms with soft games spread on a regular basis ??? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diamond Lil's 8/16 or 12/24!!! Even worth the drive down from Vancouver.

boondockst
02-26-2005, 09:10 AM
i'd heard people say that pjs was the loosest game in washington....

so most 4/8 games aren't that loose, then? people don't overplay suited cards everywhere? i thought from the forum that people did but i haven't played B&M Ring anywhere else (i did play Silver Dollar once, but it was more laid back and everyone was having fun, other than the bum/homeless looking guy rebuying $20 at a time in a 4/8)

jordanx
02-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah, Diamond Lils. I'm always amazed by the garbage players at 4/8 who are on the waiting list for 12/24.

bholdr
02-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Where is PJ pockets? where is the nearest room to downtown seattle that has bigger games going?

I have actually never played B&M, but after having a really nice week at party 1/2 and 2/4, i've started a 'live play' bankroll, and i'm ready to jump in. I do have a decent ammount of home game experience. I think I'd be comfortable up to 10/20 or so, my live play roll's only at 500$, but i wouldn't mind losing it all in a night, it's more for the experience than to profit (which i can do online if i want- and i don't expect to be terribly outclassed even at 10/20, given what i've read here).

how do the player's skill levels compare to the online games? should i just start at 4/8 anyway?

any thoughts, advice, or links to pertinant threads and websites would be appreciated. ty in advance.

btw, i don't suppose that any cardrooms in the area spread stud or stud/8? i'm much better at stud than i am at holdem, and would play it exclusivly, but it's easier to multitable holdem.

slavic
02-26-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw, i don't suppose that any cardrooms in the area spread stud or stud/8? i'm much better at stud than i am at holdem, and would play it exclusivly, but it's easier to multitable holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Muck normally runs 2 stud games. Spread limit 1-4 all streets $0.50 ante.

Every now and then on a weekend a Stud8 game will go. again $0.50 ante $1-4 spread limit on the first 5 streets, $8 bets on 6th and 7th. The times I sat down and played in this game it's aa rock garden and beating the game was near impossible. $3.50 in ante's and a $4 rake. Go figure.

There is no larger stud game that I'm aware of.

stabn
02-27-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Muck normally runs 2 stud games. Spread limit 1-4 all streets $0.50 ante.

Every now and then on a weekend a Stud8 game will go. again $0.50 ante $1-4 spread limit on the first 5 streets, $8 bets on 6th and 7th. The times I sat down and played in this game it's aa rock garden and beating the game was near impossible. $3.50 in ante's and a $4 rake. Go figure.

There is no larger stud game that I'm aware of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tulalip has spread a stud/8 game a few times when i've been there. I think it goes a decent amount of the time but i didn't pay attention to what limit it was. Given how bad the stud games are at the muck i wasn't interested in trying another stud game in the area.

I would try the lils or muck 4/8 and move up to 6/12, 8/16 or 10/20 if you are feeling comportable after a couple of hours.

boondockst
02-27-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is PJ pockets? where is the nearest room to downtown seattle that has bigger games going?

I have actually never played B&M, but after having a really nice week at party 1/2 and 2/4, i've started a 'live play' bankroll, and i'm ready to jump in. I do have a decent ammount of home game experience. I think I'd be comfortable up to 10/20 or so, my live play roll's only at 500$, but i wouldn't mind losing it all in a night, it's more for the experience than to profit (which i can do online if i want- and i don't expect to be terribly outclassed even at 10/20, given what i've read here).

how do the player's skill levels compare to the online games? should i just start at 4/8 anyway?

any thoughts, advice, or links to pertinant threads and websites would be appreciated. ty in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

pj pockets is in federal way right across from SeaTac Mall (or it's called the Commons at Federal Way or some crap now)

I think with 500 bucks you could have some darn good fun there and have enough to definitely survive any temporary downswing...it's a very soft 4/8 game with a half kill 6/12...the main game's always going and there's often a sidegame...monte carlo jackpots and all that crap...the foods good, the dealers are friendly and fast...a pretty good 1:30 AM tournament on Mondays that i usually can place in....it's a good place