PDA

View Full Version : Two situations i have problems with.....

JerBear77
02-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Don't have exact hands, forgot to save them....but i'm almost certain how each of these went....

Both Tourneys on Cryto last night $10/1

BB dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Pot Limped 5 players

flop: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Bet here for 2/3 pot and got 2 callers. (Im OOP on both)

turn:5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Bet again 2/3 pot and got 2 callers.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

So...what appeared to be two blanks on turn and river to two WEAK players.....i push.
Results...well...typical $10/1 results...hehe

Situation 2:

UTG+2 get dealt T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Bet 4x BB, gets folded around to UTG who raises me about half his stack.....

he was semi aggressive so i felt i was getting bullied. I push here only to find he had bigger PP.

How would you guys play these two situations???

Paul2432
02-22-2005, 12:23 PM
In both these hands it would help to know the blinds and stack sizes.

Hand 1: It sounds like you limped in EP with A9s. I usually fold this hand in this situation. It is tough to comment on the river play without knowing the size of the pot. I'm guessing you lost to Ac3c or 7c6c.

Hand 2: Raise to 4BB is good. The rest of the hand is impossible to say without knowing stack sizes and blinds. One thing to consider is that some players will be very aggressive when no one has shown much strength, but will usually have solid values when an opponent has shown strength. If your opponent was this type of player then folding is probably the best play (unless pot odds are favorable). If you are not sure folding may also be the best play depending on stack sizes.

Paul

onthebutton
02-22-2005, 01:11 PM
In hand 1, the limp is fine--considering he's the BB. You couldn't have asked for much more than TPTK with A9s, with two more undercards to follow. Well, three /images/graemlins/heart.gifs on the flop would have been ok. I'm sure the guy who beat you had 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, but that stuff is going to happen.