PDA

View Full Version : 15/30...Isolating with A8o from the SB vs. a MONSTER FISH

whitelime
02-22-2005, 06:39 AM
15/30 on PP. Superfish (he has played 27/28 hands so far) open limps from the CO. I have A8o in the SB and raise. BB folds. CO calls. Flop is TT6 rainbow. I bet, CO calls. Turn is another 6. I bet, CO folds.

Here is my thought process for the hand:

BB is a supertight rock (11/6) so I raised preflop to isolate against the superfish (anyone like this?). When the 6 hit on the turn, I was really looking to get raised by the CO and call down. He has bluff raised the turn a couple of times already and shown down complete trash. Does anyone think a check/call line on the turn and river is more profitable against the CO?

TStoneMBD
02-22-2005, 06:44 AM
if youre asking about whether to isolate with this hand or not, its an easy isolation. ive isolated with far worse trash than that against players with 100% VPIP. i isolated with Q4o in this situation just yesterday. you have to bet the turn against this player, as he is probably just chasing to pair his cards and therefore your hand will be ahead here more often than not. check the river and call depending on your read.