PDA

View Full Version : Isolating a LAG

Bokonnon
02-22-2005, 06:30 AM
My first hand post:

Villain a LAG (30% VP$IP, 15% pfr) who will occasionally c/r. My table image -- if anyone's paying attention -- should be fairly strong ie - I've been betting my good hands and winning money). I think I played this ok, but I'm interested in any comments.

0.5/1 Party

Hero: Ah, Qc in utg+2

utg folds, villain raises (1) to 1, hero reraises (1.5) to 1.5, 2 folds, calling station calls (1.5), 4 folds, villain caps (1) to 2, hero calls (0.5), calling station calls (0.5)

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5h, 3d, 6h ]

villain bets (0.5), hero calls (0.5), calling station folds.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 5c ]

villain checks, hero checks.

** Dealing River ** : [ 8h ]

villain checks, hero bets (1), villain ...

milesdyson
02-22-2005, 06:38 AM
I would either:

a) Raise the flop, bet the turn, take free showdown.
b) Call the flop, bet the turn, take free showdown.
c) Do anything but bet the river.

I would do a) because I want the other dude out. Betting the river is really bad because he is rarely calling you with anything you beat (I doubt he calls K high here). Maybe he'll call AJ?

TwoShedsJackson
02-22-2005, 06:40 AM
With a backdoor flush, and two big overcards I raise the flop. Given your line, I wouldn't bother betting the river as he's not likely to call unless he has some small piece of it or a pocket pair, which is enough to beat you.

Bokonnon
02-22-2005, 10:05 AM
I've got a ways to go obviously. Turns out he folded, but -- as you both point out -- that's very likely because he was beaten any. Thanks.

Entity
02-22-2005, 11:14 AM
I'd almost always raise the flop against the aforementioned villain.

Rob

Redd
02-22-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you pop the turn again if checked to?

Entity
02-22-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you pop the turn again if checked to?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on who the LAG is, what the turn card is, and who is left in the pot. If it's HU and the LAG is predictable, I'm betting. If it's HU and the LAG is very tricky and capable of a bluff-checkraise on the turn, I'll check and call a bet on any river card. I'll also do this if the LAG is capable of folding and bluffing, which is a scary combo. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob