PDA

View Full Version : Commerce 1 -- Gift of Gab 0

The Gift Of Gab
02-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Commerce took all my money and gave me food poisoning.

Sucker and I get there at 10pm on Friday and after some dinner I jump into a 50-100 PLO game.

After a few hours of slow bleeding, Sucker comes over and we decide it's time to head back to the hotel.

Just after I cash out, Phil Laak walks in with Tobey Maguire. A 50-100 NL game forms instantly and I somehow squeeze into the game without home field advantage. Sucker groans because he is tired and I'm his ride back, but I tell him to shut up and go win more money, which he does.

It gets folded to the blinds and they each put in 13k preflop. One has aces and the other has eights. Tilt is a many-splendored thing. The guy with the eights sucks out and shuts down for the rest of the night.

I lay kings down preflop against aces with only 10 big blinds worth of damage.

Everything about the games is great except for my cards. I book no winning sessions. Sucker tries his best, but between us we end up very stuck for the trip.

We go out for Mexican with Gabe, Michael Davis and Mike L., and have a good time before heading home near midnight.

The Commerce bagel with lox was edible, unlike everything else I've eaten there, but I woke up retching this morning.

Still running bad.

Yeknom58
02-22-2005, 06:28 AM
"Still running bad. "

Holy Crap...that's funny. yuk yuk.

So how did spiderman play? How about Laak.

turnipmonster
02-22-2005, 02:31 PM
nice report, sorry about losing. what were the stack sizes like in the big game?

Clarkmeister
02-22-2005, 03:00 PM
"A 50-100 NL game forms instantly and I somehow squeeze into the game"

I thought you were going to play in big games when out there? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Boris
02-22-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy with the eights sucks out and shuts down for the rest of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be against the rules.

J.A.Sucker
02-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Sorry about the food poisoning. At least we didn't get robbed.

Ulysses
02-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Did you really think you would have any shot at winning without me sweating you?

jen
02-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I don't think I've ever seen you run bad, so I find this somewhat unbelievable... sorry to hear about the food poisoning.

I tried to play poker this weekend too. I called Harvey's on Friday - apparently they do run a NL 25-25. But when I finally got there (Mon), I only had the option of sitting in a limit 5-10 or NL 3-5.

Gabe
02-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Worse. He had Sucker sweating him. That guy is the kiss of death.

Clarkmeister
02-22-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worse. He had Sucker sweating him. That guy is the kiss of death.

[/ QUOTE ]

This coming from the Grim Reaper himself.

Sponger15SB
02-22-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't know what it is but reading about the inside jokes and banter of the high limit players of 2+2 amuses me so much. Haha.

Also, Gab - If you managed to only lose 10bb with KK in a game where someone drops 130BB with 88, I'd consider yourself lucky to have lost whatever you did overall, as the varience must have been pretty massive. Not that you need me to tell you that.

The Gift Of Gab
02-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Why did you think I invited you in the first place?

The Gift Of Gab
02-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I called Harvey's last time I was in Tahoe, and apparently the quarter game goes only when certain special people want to play.

The Gift Of Gab
02-22-2005, 10:44 PM
When the game started I almost covered the table with 12k. After a few hours there were some 30-40k stacks. One of the reasons I don't like playing with cash is that it can be hard to eyeball a five inch stack of bills.

The Gift Of Gab
02-22-2005, 10:51 PM
You know, as we were leaving for dinner with the L.A. folks they were starting up a 100-200 game with Spiderman, Mr. 88 and a few other guys I didn't mind at the table. But by then I didn't have any fight left in me. Next time.

bobbyi
02-23-2005, 02:19 AM
I didn't know you play PLO. I don't know if you'll ever have the chance, but if you have time, it would be really awesome if you some day post a hand or two that you played in the (relatively new) PLO forum. That place is just getting started and a hand or two from a great player might be what's needed to really help get it off the ground.

Sorry to hear about the food.