PDA

View Full Version : Evaluating My Play

shakingspear
02-22-2005, 05:30 AM
I've been losing for two months, and for a long time I was giving myself the benefit of the doubt thinking I was just on a bad run. But it turns out I'm just kind of a junky player.

So I've been putting a lot of time into "evaluating" my play, mostly by reading the forums and applying some of the strategies to my game, re-reading SSHE, and going through my Poker Tracker stats. I've also cut out multitabling for the most part (sometimes I play two tables) in order to fully concentrate on my play.

Unfortunately I don't feel I'm getting anywhere; treading water mostly, losing money and replacing it by bonus whoring.

I don't think I'm "evaluating" correctly. And at the risk of ridicule I must ask this question: what's the best way to evaluate my play? Or maybe better, how do you evaluate your play?

47outs
02-22-2005, 05:42 AM
Post hands, lots of them. It may even be worth your while to pay someone a small fee, send them your database and they can study your play and give you advice on where to go.

outs

pfkaok
02-22-2005, 06:05 AM
yeah, post hands is good.... also, although some people hate it, if you post PT stats then maybe somebody could find a really obvious leak.