PDA

View Full Version : Ughhhh Elwoodblues post got hacked.....

wacki
02-22-2005, 03:43 AM
In the Kyoto thread, his tinfoil hat pic is replaced with the worst image I've ever seen. NSFW NSFW NSFW!!!!!!!!

wacki
02-22-2005, 04:02 AM
http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/tinfoil-hat.jpg

Odd, it's not showing up anymore, in fact the link doesn't work at all. But this image that used to be funny, was nasty as all hell. Way worse than tubgirl.

wacki
02-22-2005, 05:26 AM
ugh, it's back. Click the link if you want to see what I'm talking about. Kyoto thread is no longer suitable for work.

lastchance
02-22-2005, 05:38 AM
I see the pics, which are goddamn awful, BTW, but luckily, I see nothing wrong with his avatar.

The once and future king
02-22-2005, 08:11 AM
I didnt think I had any innocence left to lose but I did.

thatpfunk
02-22-2005, 08:37 AM
how does a post get hacked? i saw that and threw up in my mouth

slickpoppa
02-22-2005, 09:13 AM
my eyeballs hurt

Voltorb
02-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Man, you gotta post a warning for that stuff. What if some kid...

wacki
02-22-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, you gotta post a warning for that stuff. What if some kid...

[/ QUOTE ]

In the Kyoto thread, his tinfoil hat pic is replaced with the worst image I've ever seen. NSFW NSFW NSFW!!!!!!!!

But this image that used to be funny, was nasty as all hell. Way worse than tubgirl.

?????

ummm okay.

bholdr
02-22-2005, 03:12 PM
AAAAAARRRGGG!!! why must i click on that! why can't i resist! i should know better by now!...

BCPVP
02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Damn you wacki! Thank god I x'd out of that window before it downloaded all the way!!!! BLECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, kids might not know what NSFW means, so a more clear warning is probably in order.

wacki
02-22-2005, 07:00 PM
I'd like to know the story behind the guy with the exploded face. Is he still alive? It kind of looks that way.

sirio11
02-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Damm you wacki !!

I need to go to church now

Later

Voltorb
02-22-2005, 07:27 PM
OK, you are vindicated to a certain degree. I got confused as to which link you were referring to. I honestly don't know what I expected to see... but man. Anyway, I've got a pretty strong stomach and am extremely desensitized, so it didn't bother me... much. I just thought that sense I didn't notice a warning one might be appropriate. Disregard.

By the way, I have no clue as to what NSFW means. Guess I'll go do a Google search.

Dead
02-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Not Safe for Work. You can also say NWS, which means "Not Work Safe".

Some companies monitor the internet surfing of their employees so workers there tend to not want to go to links that might be deemed objectionable by their bosses.

wacki
02-22-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, you are vindicated to a certain degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

the worst image I've ever seen.

do you understand what that means?

Voltorb
02-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks Dead. Caught me before I wasted time searching it on the net. Not safe for work, play, mealtimes, bedtime... I literally did the Beavis move where you cover your eyes with your hand, then open your fingers to look in horror and dibelief. I only looked so I could find the back button as fast as humanly possible.

radek2166
02-22-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i saw that and threw up in my mouth

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Voltorb
02-22-2005, 08:04 PM
You are vindicated, exonerated, guilt-free, the state will drop all charges. That being said, I think a more clear warning might be in order. If I were to post a link of that nature, directly underneath it or directly above would read in all caps.

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING LINK CONTAINS GRAPHIC PICTURES OF THE MOST OBSCENE NATURE. CLICK ONLY IF YOU DESIRE TO PERMANENTLY SCAR THE MOST HORRIFIC DEPICTIONS OF MUTILATED FLESH INTO YOUR MINDS EYE.

Now, with the warning in place, I would still have clicked it being overwhelmed with curiosity. But at least the nuns would've had a decent chance of knowing in full detail and with crystal clarity exactly what they would be getting into.

Again, I agree that you provided warning. But allow me to show you how someone could misinterpret.

In your original post, you state that "his tinfoil hat is replaced with the worst image I've ever seen." Reader assumes that the image in Elwood's post is really horrible. In your nesxt post, the post with the link, you state "Odd, it's not showing up anymore (reader will probably assume you mean the worst image you've ever seen), in fact the link doesn't work at all (what link? reader assumes you are referring to some link in the Elwood post). But this image that used to be funny (reader assumes the link you posted was at some point funny) was nasty as all hell (reader assumes that the link was not only funny, but also nasty as all hell). Way worse than tubgirl (tubgirl?)

At this point the reader is wondering what the link could be. It used to be funny and extremely nasty. So what is it now? Curiousity gets the better of the reader...

What honestly confused me was the fact that you kept referring to what the link was. Not understanding that you meant was, and still is, I didn't know what to expect. Notice the surgeon general's warning isn't "Smoking was hazardous to your health." or "Smoking contained carbon monoxide." Both are very true statements, but don't really constitute much of a warning, do they?

wacki
02-22-2005, 08:06 PM
ok, you make a fair point.

Voltorb
02-22-2005, 08:13 PM
I was wondering why you didn't bother editing it and adding a more clear warning. I just now realized they only give you a certain amount of time to edit posts. Kinda frustrating. I like to take pride in my writing and really wanted to change "sense" to "since." That one escaped my attention in the proofing. Oh well. I guess this is sort of a passive attempt to prove I'm not stupid and understand the difference between the two homonyms. I'm pathetic... must find something more productive to do...

Aytumious
02-22-2005, 11:25 PM
About once an hour since looking at that I have the strange feeling that my foot is broken off of my leg like the one in the picture. Truly disturbing pic.

Matty
02-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Was I the only one with the self-restraint to not click it?

Strong like bull!

Dead
02-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Nice avatar. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm a big fan of JS and of the DS.

Zygote
02-23-2005, 02:39 AM
i'm seriously scard. i saw this post this morning and i've had haunting thoughts throughout the day. I keep trying not to think about it, but that somehow plants a mental note in my memory, and I keep helplessly thinking, "what shouldn't i be thinking about again" and there comes the image again in my mind, eh... damn that was gross [censored].