PDA

View Full Version : Does this annoy/offend you?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 03:32 AM

KaneKungFu123
02-22-2005, 03:36 AM
there is a time and place for the f-word.

most people sound very unintelligent when they use it.

Matty
02-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Oops, I accidentally clicked "yes" to both. I meant to say "no" to both.

I just assumed you were making a more in-depth poll about the 'gay' word.

daryn
02-22-2005, 03:41 AM
i was just gonna make a poll asking people if copycat threads annoy them.. but that's kinda obvious. still, someone will probably do it.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there is a time and place for the f-word.

most people sound very unintelligent when they use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personaly use the word a lot. However, not in places where using it would be illogical. "Sounding" intelligent is usualy not important in everyday life.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that happend. I figured most people who said yes on your poll would say no on this one. That is the reason i made this poll. What is the difference? Are more people offended by gay? Is it because gay people are offended?
?????

I should have chosen a similar word to make my point more clear. Like gimp or retard. oh well...

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i was just gonna make a poll asking people if copycat threads annoy them.. but that's kinda obvious. still, someone will probably do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only copy threads that suck up to you in some way, dayrn.

Matty
02-22-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that happend. I figured most people who said yes on your poll would say no on this one. That is the reason i made this poll. What is the difference? Are more people offended by gay? Is it because gay people are offended?
?????

I should have chosen a similar word to make my point more clear. Like gimp or retard. oh well...

[/ QUOTE ]I think you got it. The word 'gay', used as some people use it, singles out a group of people and makes a disparaging joke of their very identity. Gimp or Retard, used in the same way, would annoy me in exactly the same way.

[censored] is just something we all do. [censored] annoys me a lot more than [censored] just because it puts an image in my head.

nothumb
02-22-2005, 03:55 AM
I think your second question is too general. It would be better as, "Do you refrain from using the F word if you believe it will offend someone? On what conditions?" etc.

Because I think clearly you should, but not all the time. Sometimes you need to use it with the purpose of offending someone.

NT

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The word 'gay',used as some people use it , singles out a group of people and makes a disparaging joke of their very identity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people may use it to mean this. Others use the word unattached to homosexuality. Some use it to mean homosexual-esk, but not in a condeming manner, rather in a situationaly unfortunate matter.

For example: I dont think most people "hate" retards. They still use the term retard to depict unwanted attributes. No one wants to be retarded. Straight people dont want to be homosexual.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your second question is too general. It would be better as, "Do you refrain from using the F word if you believe it will offend someone? On what conditions?" etc.

Because I think clearly you should, but not all the time. Sometimes you need to use it with the purpose of offending someone.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

excelent point. I was afraid i made it too vague.

Prof. Chaos
02-22-2005, 03:59 AM
Can't you just say fudge instead /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty poor first post.

Welcome to the forums!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nothumb
02-22-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
excelent point. I was afraid i made it too vague.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's moot anyway since that wasn't the point of your post.

BTW I'm assuming you saw it, but I disagree with what you're saying about detaching 'gay' from its literal meaning, and I wrote a novel for you over in the other thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW my point isn't that you are lying about what you mean, but that on some level (probably subconscious) the connection remains.

NT

Matty
02-22-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Do you play 6-max tables?

Prof. Chaos
02-22-2005, 04:05 AM
I need someone to help me with my anal supositories, can you assist?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I need someone to help me with my anal supositories, can you assist?

[/ QUOTE ]

not bad for the 2nd post.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-22-2005, 04:13 AM
that was too long to read. Im drinking wine and on tilt. Im suprised ive been coherent at all.