PDA

View Full Version : % Finishing in the money

sirio11
02-22-2005, 02:42 AM
I have a 18% finishing in the money with more than 500 tourneys, but of course as everybody here in 2+2. I want to improve my game. Since I play most of my tournies in Party, I don't have enough information about other players, I have some from all the tournaments I have played at Stars, but I think is a small sample. With all the players I have information in Poker Tracker, nobody with more than 50 tournaments has 25% or better, and I think just 3 players have more than 20%, but again the size of the sample is small.
Do you think is possible to attain the 25% figure?

David

DonButtons
02-22-2005, 03:28 AM
It all depends.

If your playing the $100 NL multis on party at 2am, there's only 100 people in them, so the variance might be lower than tournaments with 300, 500, 800, and 1500 people.

It also depends on your style, you playing to just cash? I think a winning tournament player doesn't worry about how many times he cashes, but how many times he makes a final table.

So a more interesting figure would be a % making final tables.

The thing with poker tracker, is that you might bust out before another opponent, and it shows he didnt cash even if in fact he did.

I stopped using poker tracker, as It started to become to much of a hassle to enter tournaments in, and Ill tend to forget some details, like buy in and how many peole entered, etc...Maybe you guys have a better system of keeping track of tournaments?

sirio11
02-22-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It all depends.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this answer. lol

[ QUOTE ]

If your playing the $100 NL multis on party at 2am, there's only 100 people in them, so the variance might be lower than tournaments with 300, 500, 800, and 1500 people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely play tournaments with less than 300 players.

[ QUOTE ]
It also depends on your style, you playing to just cash? I think a winning tournament player doesn't worry about how many times he cashes, but how many times he makes a final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just cash? I love to cash, of course the bigger the better, but I understand your point. In general a tournament player should be worried not only about cashes or final tables (places 5-10 are not really good cash) but about his ROI, his winning rate per tournament.

[ QUOTE ]

So a more interesting figure would be a % making final tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice to have that stat, but since PT just have the % in the money, that's the one I'm using.

[ QUOTE ]

The thing with poker tracker, is that you might bust out before another opponent, and it shows he didnt cash even if in fact he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

All my figures about other players were from PS tournaments, and they have all the places listed.

[ QUOTE ]

I stopped using poker tracker, as It started to become to much of a hassle to enter tournaments in, and Ill tend to forget some details, like buy in and how many peole entered, etc...Maybe you guys have a better system of keeping track of tournaments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling, hopefully somebody develop a better system, and the sites improve their tournament information also.

P.S By the way, what is your % in the money or % making the final table. The problem with the % final table is that we need to know the size of the tournaments, and for the % in the money it doesn't matter.

David

wAzZu24
02-22-2005, 04:06 AM
I want a "Send me a tournament report" button to pop up when i bust out of a Party multi like in SnGs. Obviously it would be near impossible for Party to send out massive emails to hundreds of people but it sure would come in handy with pokertracker.