PDA

View Full Version : Odd turn raise, what to do?!!

shmahappens
02-22-2005, 02:34 AM
BB is tricky, slightly loose. CO no reads, but not LAG.
CO calls, Hero completes with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, BB checks.
flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, check check check
turn: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Hero bets, BB calls, CO raises, Hero calls, BB calls
river: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets, Hero folds, BB folds

badinfluence
02-23-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO no reads, but not LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that a read?

Flop. Bet. In a short field, I am taking the lead at this pot most of the time on the flop (unless I have a read on who I want to check raise).

Turn. Fine, or you could fold if you were really convinced that he had a better Q, which would be more consistent with your river play, and less costly.

River. If I called the turn, I am still calling the river. You are getting 8.5 to 1 on the call. You are giving up too much. I am folding to a raise from the BB however.

TStoneMBD
02-23-2005, 01:56 PM
i raise this up preflop against an open limper from the CO. if a player open limps from the CO he is generally weakpassive, and i want the opportunity to isolate him along with seizing control of the hand. its unlikely you are dominated here as well. i will lead at this flop, but i suppose checkraising is ok. after you are raised on the turn i am calling down. after the ace falls, completing theflush and straight, there are really no hands that a nonlag could have here that you could beat, so folding is appropriate.