PDA

View Full Version : PP10/20 hand against UTG poster

DrGutshot
02-22-2005, 02:13 AM
UTG posts for his first hand, so no reads on him.

He pauses a couple seconds and raises, I 3bet with KQs on the button, he caps, I call.

Headsup.

Flop TTQr

He bets I call.

Turn Ao

He bets I call.

River x

He bets I call.

standard?

-DrG

rory
02-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Perfect. I take it you are assuming he was like, "Oops, I posted UTG. I raise."

Schneids
02-22-2005, 02:19 AM
I wouldn't play it any other way.

girgy44
02-22-2005, 03:42 AM
I raise this flop every time, why are people not doing this? I have been trying to incorporate more situations where I just call rather than raise in a situation that would be a value raise in a lower game because it is a time when I will get 3 bet by better hands or a worse hand folds a lot more than I will get called by a worse hand, but I am doing that on the river and maybe the turn but not the flop. Are you calling here to simply allow him to keep bluffing and then got scared by the A. Please explain.

DrGutshot
02-22-2005, 03:45 AM
He either has me crushed, or he is drawing to a realistic max of 3 outs.

I would call this the whole way even if the ace did not fall.

The only card I would raise is if another Q fell.

-DrG

Grisgra
02-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Glad to see that the others agreed you played this right, because these days this is how I play this.

Schneids
02-22-2005, 04:03 AM
If no ace came ever I'd sometimes raise on the river but not before then, because the river is when I'm least likely to get repopped by AQ or AA or KK and yet still get called by all the pocket pairs that see they only need to put in one more bet to see my cards.

Raising this hand any earlier encourages worse hands to get away (since they don't want to call the raise and another 1-2 bets to get to showdown) while opening yourself up to tough reraises where you won't know whether calling or folding to them is correct.

DrGutshot
02-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Agreed I think a river raise would be ok here, I prefer to stay away from those unless I have at least a small read on them as aggressive though.

-DrG

joker122
02-22-2005, 06:33 AM
AK, his most likely hand, has 7 outs. just something to think about.

ToneLoc
02-22-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed I think a river raise would be ok here, I prefer to stay away from those unless I have at least a small read on them as aggressive though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think the river raise is ok against a player on which you have no-read. He 4-bet you preflop remember? So what hand can he hold given his 4-bet thatyou beat, and that he is going to call a raise with? 99? He would fold here. JJ maybe?

Most probably he sucked out with an Ace, or has you badly crushed... Raising is pointless IMO... I know about all these doughnuts around, but please show SOME respect to a 4-bet /images/graemlins/smile.gif