PDA

View Full Version : Official Tilt episode 6 discussion thread.

tek
02-22-2005, 01:43 AM
Who is the actor who plays Eddies father?

ClassicBob
02-22-2005, 01:54 AM
I'm going to be lazy (because I could IMDB this really quickly) and say it's Robert Forester.

It's the guy from Jackie Brown, if anyone is interested in correcting me.

Russ McGinley
02-22-2005, 05:28 AM
You are correct sir.

The-Matador
02-22-2005, 05:44 AM
I predict that my ouster of Lowball will eventually take me down a peg. Or several.

Shoe
02-22-2005, 05:50 AM
I think from now on it should be mandatory to refer to Clarke as DMX too.

The-Matador
02-22-2005, 07:00 AM
Since I couldn't even remember that his name was Clarke, that sounds good, given that otherwise I merely think of him as "the brother" (as well as "the chick", "the model guy", "the cop", and "myself").

randomchamp
02-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Mike Caro mentions on the "you can bet on it" archive on cardplayer.com that the show will be going in a different direction. He says it will show poker in a better light. We shall see. Guess that means the main character will be shot or change his ways?

Killer Mike
02-22-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think from now on it should be mandatory to refer to Clarke as DMX too.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one of the better ideas of 2005. Especially since that one guy (I believe his username is "DMX_Fan") gets all bent out of shape about it.

MonkeeMan
02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
For those of you who think the writing stinks:

At the end of #4 the Eddie voice-over talks about the all-in move being so powerful and how you either win or lose everything. Talk about foreshadowing. In #5 the Mod Squad goes all-in, and loses everything, Eddie more than the others.

The Matador had the read all along, and was waiting to see what Eddie's move was. If Eddie was clever, he would have seen this and "given up" the other two to gain Matador's true confidence, and then take him down. Seymour probably would of made this read.

FatMan
02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Here's my prediction for episode six. Eddie's father shows in in Vegas so he can show his son how to really pull off the grift on the Matador.

Onaflag
02-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Okay, here's my prediction. Matador's daughter turns out to NOT be his daughter, but rather just another "employee".

If that turns out to be the case, then her getting turned down for the dancing gig won't make sense. Doesn't matter, I'd still hit it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Onaflag.........

MonkeeMan
02-22-2005, 05:14 PM
#6 predictions:

Eddie learns who's really his daddy.
Lowball sleeps with the aquarium fishies.
Clarke eats sushi.
Rogue cop mugs for camera.
Matador wipes w/8000, has tongue bidet, kicks someone's ass, gets sucked-out by blonde professional.

Mez
02-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Episode 6 prediction -

Even fewer people see this episode.

Of course, I'll watch.

TimTimSalabim
02-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Bill Bixby?

tek
02-25-2005, 12:31 AM
So Eddie and his father both play J3o. Later his father basically tells him the apples don't fall far from the tree.
His mother also gave him a remark about not being what he thinks his father should have been.

Could Eddie team up with the Matador for real this time?

Or are they going somewhere else with this?

riffraff
02-25-2005, 12:55 AM
"What makes him so great? Just because he didn't pull a Scott Peterson?"

Eddie must have been waiting a while to use that one.

snoopdarr
02-25-2005, 01:01 AM
It's fairly obvious what's going to happen now... somehow one or all of them will get into the world championship and beat don straight-up, going on to win the whole thing and splitting it up amongst themselves, winning what they set out to since the beginning.

MonkeeMan
02-25-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
#6 predictions:

Eddie learns who's really his daddy.
Lowball sleeps with the aquarium fishies.
Clarke eats sushi.
Rogue cop mugs for camera.
Matador wipes w/8000, has tongue bidet, kicks someone's ass, gets sucked-out by blonde professional.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I was slightly off in my predictions. What I meant:

Eddie eats sushi buffet on his birthday.
Lowball prepares to eat sushi but instead will sleep with fishies.
Rogue cop's wife is dumber than he looks.
Matador is about to blow a lot of dough on bad poker ho's.

Sluss
02-25-2005, 07:24 AM
So no matter how bad the ass kicking, no matter if death is on the line. No matter how stupid of an idea it is to be any where near this girl.

No man can turn down a threesome.

jojobinks
02-25-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's fairly obvious what's going to happen now... somehow one or all of them will get into the world championship and beat don straight-up, going on to win the whole thing and splitting it up amongst themselves, winning what they set out to since the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

which is exactly what i predicted 7 days ago. only i was more specific.

Toro
02-25-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my prediction for episode six. Eddie's father shows in in Vegas so he can show his son how to really pull off the grift on the Matador.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon. The guy was playing 3/6 at Foxwoods.

BellyBuster7
02-25-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So no matter how bad the ass kicking, no matter if death is on the line. No matter how stupid of an idea it is to be any where near this girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

jojobinks
02-25-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon. The guy was playing 3/6 at Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly the reverse is true. his pops is gonna be one of matador's horses at the main event. although tilt may be just cheesy enough for the old man to have a change of heart and try to bluff off his chips to eddie.

ooh i like that idea. he'll try that, but eddie won't go for it. he's gonna want to win it straight up, the honorable way, now that cheating has shown to be the losers' route.

Vee Quiva
02-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Anybody else wonder if some of the top pros recruit horses like the Matador to dump chips to them in big tournaments?

I've seen where Men Nguyen has been accused of telling his poker students to stay out of his pots in tournaments. Can the fiction be that far from reality?

I really think this type of scandal is going to break in the next couple of years since the tournaments are so unregulated. When I say unregulated, I mean there is no official poker league or commissioner involved that can implement any rules preventing this type of behavior.

wayabvpar
02-25-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen where Men Nguyen has been accused of telling his poker students to stay out of his pots in tournaments. Can the fiction be that far from reality?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the name that leaped to mind when I was watching that scene.

Grindin'
02-25-2005, 02:43 PM
That also came to my mind, but with tournaments being so large these days you would need horses who are good enough to handle their own and then dump their chips off to you in a very unsuspecting manner when you're seated together. It would be very complex and intricate, but then again what about the ethics of deal making at the table? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Francis
02-26-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going somewhere with this? What's your point? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

masse75
02-26-2005, 02:43 AM
I disagree. I'm waiting for the ultimate twist in this crap series...Eddie gets in a threesome, and on of them's a tranny.

david050173
02-26-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I'm waiting for the ultimate twist in this crap series...Eddie gets in a threesome, and on of them's a tranny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eddie's reading skills are too good for that. He is a good player so he knows the odds. I am just hoping the 3rd girl is lowballs daughter (or maybe Miami's long lost sister)...

tek
02-27-2005, 03:08 PM
The writing is getting better, but they are starting to overplay the threesome thing.

Sluss
02-28-2005, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The writing is getting better, but they are starting to overplay the threesome thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can never overplay a threesome. You just have to push it all in. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

My prediction for episode 7: Lowball get's saved by Lee Nickle right as the poker manger tries to strangle him.