PDA

View Full Version : Sleep schedule all F'ed Up

James Boston
02-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Since it was a long holiday weekend, I stayed out late everynight drinking, and in turn slept late every day. Now I find myself wide awake, reading the forums, and have to be up in 6 hours. What to do?

Tron
02-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Stay awake.

eric5148
02-22-2005, 01:43 AM
Quit whining and take a swig of NyQuil.

Michael Davis
02-22-2005, 01:43 AM
What would Mike McD do?

-Michael

pshreck
02-22-2005, 01:46 AM
This is quite interesting, considering I had the same dilemma today. I have a test in the morning, needed to study more, but had already studied all day and knew I had to sleep somewhere.
Im going to bed shortly, and I solved the problem by drinking 2 beers and six shots of Jack Daniels in about 90 minutes time. It will put me to sleep, and for some reason I never sleep long after having drank booze. Does the same thing happen to anyone else?

James Boston
02-22-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stay awake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work 11 hours a day. Staying awake = terrible day.

James Boston
02-22-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It will put me to sleep, and for some reason I never sleep long after having drank booze. Does the same thing happen to anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Alchohol keeps you from sleeping soundly. Even if you don't have a hangover, you probably won't get a good night's sleep, and therefore won't be in that deep of sleep when the alarm goes off.

AEKDBet
02-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Melatonin, htp-5, tylenol simply sleep, or the king of all sleep aids - nyquill will help you. I've found that being in college my sleep schedule gets [censored] every weekend. Why fight it, just adapt.

pshreck
02-22-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It will put me to sleep, and for some reason I never sleep long after having drank booze. Does the same thing happen to anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Alchohol keeps you from sleeping soundly. Even if you don't have a hangover, you probably won't get a good night's sleep, and therefore won't be in that deep of sleep when the alarm goes off.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes a lot of sense. Damn you.

James Boston
02-22-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why fight it, just adapt.

[/ QUOTE ]

In college, I did. Now it's tougher.

AEKDBet
02-22-2005, 02:28 AM
Ah I see your point. I've been a "coop student" so one semester I will work for a company, another classes.

While working it was just as hard to go to bed early being surrounded by friends who usually retire around 2:30am, and also having [censored] my sleep schedule up friday and saturday.

I found 3 solutions.
1) Take nyquill, wake up early enough to have two cups of coffee to fight off the nyquill fog. Tylenol "simply sleep" is just too weak IMO

2) Screw it, bull-[censored] around, and go to work planning an amphetamine binge. 12-16oz coffee in the morning, with 3 or so energy drinks through the day will work. Ephedrine is simply great, and is still sold in the US although its herbal counterpart - ephedra - was banned. Try 20mg with a coffee (as long as you don't have heart problems). Or just take some daytime cold medacine.

3) Same as 2 but without the amphetamine load. healthier, but much more painful.

Reef
02-22-2005, 02:38 AM
whack it off, then hit the hay

wonderwes
02-22-2005, 05:01 AM
Melatonin Melatonin Melatonin
http://www.herbpalace.com/anti-aging/melatonin%20200.jpg

BusterStacks
02-22-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

best advice in the thread. consider it done.

radek2166
02-22-2005, 05:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding we have a winner!!!!

If that dont work smack it off a second time!!!!1