PDA

View Full Version : Am I giving up too much here?

dfscott
02-22-2005, 01:01 AM
BB had been very aggressive, going all-in pre-flop and on the flop, and re-raising people all-in. I considered raising pre-flop, but was worried that he'd try to put me all-in on an isolation play and I wasn't ready to play for all my stack with 7s.

I got a good, but not great flop, but I wasn't quite ready to call his all-in. Is this too weak?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney (10+1), Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1700)
SB (t1940)
BB (t665)
UTG (t1545)
Hero (t2150)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t100, Hero calls t100, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t350) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t565 (All-in)</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds.

bones
02-22-2005, 01:04 AM
That isn't a great flop for 7s?

kmvenne
02-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Yes. You gotta make a stand here. Doesn't hurt that badly to be wrong, allows you to start pushing if you are right. The hand is +EV and the situation a win leaves you in is great to start to open your game up on the last 4.

Also, I don't see where this is nearly playing for your whole stack. You still have the BB covered if you lose, you can get his chips later if he spikes an over, but he might only have one of those overs if he's doing this with any two, which seems likely given your description.

holeplug
02-22-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm kinda confused with your fold here. Did you think you were behind or something? He obviously doesn't have a 2 and even if he has 88-AA you will still have a playable stack.

wuwei
02-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Yah, that's pretty bad. You know he's agro and pushing with a wide range of hands here. That flop is beautiful.

I'd have likely raised preflop, unless the limp from UTG was abnormal.

dfscott
02-22-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda confused with your fold here. Did you think you were behind or something? He obviously doesn't have a 2 and even if he has 88-AA you will still have a playable stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was worried about a 2. So you're saying he'd probably check-raise with a 2?

wuwei
02-22-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was worried about a 2. So you're saying he'd probably check-raise with a 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's very likely, yes. You have any reads on how he played monster hands earlier? If not, assume he would c/r, yah.

microbet
02-22-2005, 01:17 AM
I would call, thinking it is a very good chance he just has overcards.

But, I don't like to limp with PPs after the blinds get to be 100. In your spot there, I'd probably raise to 300, then fold if button or SB pushed, but call if BB pushes.

If the stacks were different I could possibly push or fold, but not likely limp except from the blinds if there were other limpers.

microbet
02-22-2005, 01:20 AM
There also aren't a lot of hands he would have limped with, having a 2 in the first place unless he really liked to limp.

wuwei
02-22-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There also aren't a lot of hands he would have limped with, having a 2 in the first place unless he really liked to limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian was in the blind.

dfscott
02-22-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian was in the blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good reason for me to raise pre-flop. *sigh* I'll learn one of these days...

eastbay
02-22-2005, 01:26 AM
Too weak. Easy call.

eastbay

ChrisV
02-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Waaay too weak. And you should raise preflop as well - weren't ready to "play for your stack"? When he has 665 and you have 2150?

morgan180
02-22-2005, 02:19 AM
Call he has overs betting you missed too.

curtains
02-22-2005, 05:08 AM
I think its a bad fold and you were likely ahead.

curtains
02-22-2005, 05:09 AM
Don't like to raise to 300 after a limper for 100. I'd raise to minimum of 400 here, if I planned to raise at all.
Way too likely the limper will call for just 200 more

Sidekick
02-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, you are giving up way too much here.

Unless I have a specific read on UTG that says UTG only limps with monsters then I would raise preflop to 400. It looks like UTG doesn't really like his hand and wants to see a flop cheaply. You are chip leader (though not by a lot) so make the other players worry about your hand.

You don't really want the Button and blinds able to come into this pot cheaply. If BB has been that aggressive, then this is a good hand to take him out with if he wants to come over the top all-in against you.

As it played out I think you have to call the flop all-in. With the way BB has been playing I doubt that he would push if he spiked the trips. I would guess that he hit the 4 or has overcards and wants to push you off your hand.

Folding here with an overpair against a stack that is 1/3 the size of yours and is a known LAG is just too weak.

Hope this helps.