PDA

View Full Version : Play money Games

Cland
02-21-2005, 11:43 PM
I was just wondering about play (or not real money) games.

I know this is for micro limit but I didn't really know where to post so if I am wrong I'll move this post there with my apologies.

The question I am wondering is is playing in play money games hurting my real money/tourny play?

Honestly I play entirely different when I play for false money then for real. However I have been playing in these play money games alot recently and when I do swap back to real money games I haven't been doing as well just recently.

Do yall think that play money games are hurting my over all game? Or am I just loseing a step?

The fact of the matter is as a poor college kid I can't really play in money games every night.

Anyway I just wonder if I can really switch playing styles back and forth or if yall think that playing drastically different in these side games could end up hurting me in the long run?

GrunchCan
02-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I don't see any way playing play chip tables can help your game, but I can see how it would hurt your gamne. What's more, if its not for money, whats the point?

Cland
02-22-2005, 12:11 AM
I know for sure that my play hasn't totally fallen off. I'm not calling inside straight draws or any such foolishness.

And in response to why, I like to play poker, I like to win /images/graemlins/smile.gif obviously I prefer to play for money but just playing is fine with me

KaiShin
02-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Poker is just like any other game with skills involved. If you play against opponents that are below your skill level, you won't get better yourself. Playing on the fake money tables won't make you any better as a poker player, and I'm of the belief that it may subtely influence your play when you move to real money. Just like tilt, you won't necessarily notice when it happens.

Having said that, if you have the self-discipline to not have it affect your overall game, and just want to play for the fun of it, then by all means. There are people that play poker and other games of chance for fun /images/graemlins/wink.gif

kenberman
02-22-2005, 12:22 AM
I would take $20 and play.01/.02 at ultimate bet

Cland
02-22-2005, 12:26 AM
UB has tables that low? I play PP and lowest they have is .5/1.

Will check that out.

jar
02-22-2005, 04:03 AM
Yeah, Poker Stars has limits as low as .02/.04 as well. I personally can't stand UB's software, so I'd recommend stars. I think paradise has nano-limits too, but their software is getting pretty long in the tooth.

Bulbarainey
02-22-2005, 04:58 AM
i dont know how much it would effect your game, but you should consider playing low post 2c/4c 7 stud on paradise. its a very small limit, and u can sit and wait forever for good hands, since there isnt an inital ante

chaz64
02-22-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The fact of the matter is as a poor college kid I can't really play in money games every night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sign up at Royal Vegas or Pacific. They will give you $10 to play in their .05/.10 games. They are pretty loose, but are tighter (more realistic) than play money tables.