PDA

View Full Version : Heads up w/ TP - How's this line?

JrJordan
02-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Trying to get out of a -150BB funk, so let's see how this goes...

Villain here is pretty loose passive preflop, and only slightly more aggressive post flop (50/7/1). Normally, T9o would be a fold in this situation for me, but up to this point my VPIP was around 6 at the table, so I figured anyone watching would have to give me credit for something. My biggest question in this hand is on the river, if I can bet here for value. I'll certainly take advice on any other streets though.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

JrJordan
02-22-2005, 02:15 AM
I'm still not sure about how I feel with this river. I feel like on the turn it would be an easy fold if he 3-bets me, but after betting out the flop and turn, he does have me a bit worried. He's not aggro enough to bet the flop and turn with a 4, so chances are he has a 7 or J. With my semi-decent kicker HU, I think the turn raise still makes sense as he'd probably call down in either case. When the overcard and flush hit though, am I still good?

captZEEbo1
02-22-2005, 02:20 AM
yeah, easy river bet. I might just raise flop though. People have a hard time getting away from a pair when you raise flop, but when you raise turn, they get suspicious and can fold

Schneids
02-22-2005, 02:46 AM
Well-played. If you have observed this guy folding to river bets often a check could be warranted on the river since that means he's not as likely to pay off with a 65 type hand.

I usually raise on the flop but the turn is often better on drawy boards against people who probably aren't capable of 3betting a draw or anything worse than 2-pair.