PDA

View Full Version : i just need to be yelled at... i think

snapfc01
02-21-2005, 10:18 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t935)
Button (t2175)
Hero (t4020)
BB (t1405)
UTG (t4965)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, BB folds, UTG calls t600.

Turn: (t1800) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, UTG calls t600.

River: (t3000) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t3400</font>, Hero calls t2020 (All-In).

Final Pot: t9020

fire away please. results to follow if anyone wants them

snapfc01
02-21-2005, 10:29 PM
sorry should have added my thoughts...
utg would raise preflop with AJ AK or with JJ
might be up against AA or 55 but unlikely since i hold one of each.

snapfc01
02-21-2005, 10:40 PM
any thoughts? please

trainslayer
02-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Your not getting much expertise from me, but I probably fold pf here. I just don't like weak aces that much. And when I do play em this situation is just too common. I probably come out stronger on the flop, about 1000-1200. If he calls that, now I'm worried and bad as I hate it, check/fold to the river. I'm too close to the money to risk everthing here. I was thinkin AJ/AK b4 your update.

snapfc01
02-21-2005, 10:52 PM
don't u think he would have raised preflop there since the bb is a small stack... i could see just calling with a monster(AA) but not AJ or AK

ReDeYES88
02-21-2005, 10:54 PM
PF I let this hand go with a t4020 stack, especially when the only other person that has entered the pot is the guy that can bust me. I also wouldn't want to complete and have the BB come over the top.

But you called, flopped two pair, and lead out with a pot sized bet. I think that I would have taken that t600 that you bet on the turn and add it to the flop bet. If you were willing to bet it anyway, a t1200 lead on the flop is going to give you a pretty good idea of how much he likes his hand. There is no flush draw, and only a gut straight draw. If he calls behind, then I shut it down and try to see the river for free with t2620 in front of me and still in 2nd place.

[ QUOTE ]
sorry should have added my thoughts...
utg would raise preflop with AJ AK or with JJ
might be up against AA or 55 but unlikely since i hold one of each.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest changing "would raise" to "likely would raise". I've seen too many UTG limps lately from big stacks with big hands just looking to pop someone with a reraise push.

willperkins
02-21-2005, 10:55 PM
This is a tough one due to two reasons:

1. If your read is correct and he would have raised with AJ, AK, or JJ and as you say, you have A5 so it would be unlikely he has AA or 55, then what is he calling with?

2. You did not bet enough on the turn to see where you were at in the hand. You bet t600 giving him 4 to 1 pot odds to call.

My guess is he has KJ. I would have bet t1200 on the turn and see what he does.

Due to the fact you only bet t600 on the turn, the river is now very confusing.

He pushes your measly t600 river bet. Your options are:

1. Call. You are getting 2.8 to one pot odds and you have two pair. If you win, you will almost certainly make the money in this tourney.

2. Fold. You must think he slowplayed KK, AA, JJ, 55, AK, AJ or maybe even 33. If you fold you still have t2120 and are in pretty good shape.

I put him on KJ and call. IMHO

ReDeYES88
02-21-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't u think he would have raised preflop there since the bb is a small stack... i could see just calling with a monster(AA) but not AJ or AK

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take a wild guess and put him on QT/images/graemlins/spade.gif He called your flop bet with a gutshot because he had a big stack, and thought that you would have raised PF if you had an A. On the turn he picked up a flush draw to go along with his gutshot, and your t600 bet into a t1800 pot gave him almost the right odds (ignoring implied odds) to call with his 12 outs. The river brought him one of his outs and he popped you.

snapfc01
02-22-2005, 12:05 AM
should i not think the other guy won't want to fight with me as well since i'm the only one who can hurt him?

SuitedSixes
02-22-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
should i not think the other guy won't want to fight with me as well since i'm the only one who can hurt him?

[/ QUOTE ]

If our enemies always played correctly we would not make much money, so we can't bank on logical plays.

I fold pre-flop.

zaphod
02-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Yes, I think it is correct to fold preflop.
But if there has been frequent limping from the bigstack his limp does not have to mean a monster, and if the BB has been fairly passive, so that you don't have to fear a reraise it might be ok to complete here.

Once i have seen the flop, i want to be aggresive. Flop bet is fine, bet more on the turn. If if i don't make it to the money thats life. If i get a big pot here i should have good chances for first.

curtains
02-22-2005, 05:13 AM
I would fold the river. I would also bet more on the turn (Probably forcing myself to play for all my chips anyway.)