PDA

View Full Version : The number one improvement I've made to my game is...

bicyclekick
02-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Not staying at games I consider higher stakes (say you're a 10/20 6max player and you wnet and played a juicy 15/30 game) when a few of the players who are making the game leave. Now I leave too. I used to stay, at least for awhile...would tell myself I can beat these guys. I at least want to try.

Even if I wasn't sure it was still fun to try to run well and make a lot of money fast. Now I play without that ego. And I'm honest with myself...if I look at the table vpip's and everyone is under 23, there is a good chance I'm not making much money in that game...especially with multi-tabling, perhaps even losing money.

Also when I don't feel on top of my game...and am losing. I don't feel the need to keep playing. I'll just take a break and come back in a couple hours if i want to get more hands in.

Just thought I'd share. It just occured to me today.

surfdoc
02-21-2005, 09:52 PM
You make some good points. I have been working on this too. It can be especially hard but probably even more important to leave a table where you have caught some hands and built a good size stack prior to all the donators leaving. I am still working on the don't play when tired problem, but then again I am almost always tired.

DanS
02-21-2005, 10:13 PM
My A game has been good enough to beat 15/30 and 20/40 for at least 18 months now... that's not to say I didn't flounder about, slightly in the black, for a while.

I notice that the reason I consistently make money at those limits live and midlimit 6max online now is that I've humbled myself. Seems you have too. Good job.

Dan