PDA

View Full Version : Hammered Guy Flashing His Cards, Opinions?

BigRedAce
02-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I was playing at Garden City in San Jose two nights ago. I was at a very loose 2-4 game (only game that didn't have a 1 hour wait). I was sitting next to a guy who was *plowed* though trying to act like he was a poker god. He kept looking at his cards in such a way as to give me a plain view of them. We never ended up in a hand where it mattered that I saw his cards, but I wasn't sure whether I should tell him or not. If he wasn't such a jerkoff, I certainly would have, but in his case I didn't.

He blew through about $200 and I left up a couple of hundred (not all his, and none won from him though seeing his cards). I guess I felt if you're dumb enough to drink and play, you deserve to lose...

Thoughts?

ShawnHoo
02-21-2005, 09:43 PM
You're not obligated to say anything.

When this happens to me, I discreetly say something to the person once the hand is over. If it continues, I simply keep my mouth shut and use the information.

xxxxx
02-21-2005, 11:59 PM
I never say anything. I get looks all the time.

frank white
02-22-2005, 01:35 AM
if there is a player who is dumb enough to make his/ her cards visible to others at the table, they deserve to lose. i don't encourage intentionally trying to see the guys cards next to you, but if they are holdign them up for all to see, that is information gained in my opinion.

PokerFink
02-22-2005, 03:53 AM
Agreed with the other posters. I actually asked the floor at TStone about this because a player in my stud game was holding up his cards in the air on 7th to check his river card, so I knew what he was chasing.

The floor suggested that I tell him to keep his cards down, but that I was in no way obligated to do so, and that looking was not illegal if he held them up for me to see.